Joined: 16 Apr 2002
|Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:33 pm Post subject: GF: Gentoo Fundamentals
|Navigation: [Table of Contents]
- GF1: What are the letters in "[ebuild N]"?
- GF2: xx config files need updating
- GF3: How do I get a list of installed packages?
- GF4: Can portage build one package while downloading others?
- GF5: What are masked packages? KEYWORDS / package.mask
- GF6: Difference between 'emerge sync' and 'emerge rsync'?
- GF7: emerge doesn't work at all any more, what can I do?
- GF8: I'm trying to install this program (e.g. vim), and it keeps trying to install all these libraries (e.g. X, gnome) that I don't want. What should I do?
- GF9: How can I create custom ebuilds that portage will find and that don't get deleted when resyncing?
- GF10: What do I do if an ebuild is missing from portage and emerge search doesn't find what I'm looking for?
- GF11: Can portage be run as a non-root user?
- GF12: Portage and 'fixpackages'
- GF13: What are .keep files?
- GF14: When will the next release of gentoo be available?
- GF15: Rsync etiquette OR How often should I sync?
- GF16: Help! My "world" file is gone/corrupt!
- GF17: I emerged <package>, how do I uninstall it?
- GF18: I have upgraded gcc and now emerge fails right and left.
- GF19: Packages fail to unmerge.
- GF20: C compiler cannot create executables
- GF21: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
- GF22: Circular upgrades and downgrades of a package
- GF23: Error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring. -- Perry Cox