View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vhalros
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:57 am    Post subject: Gnome halts at the splash screen Reply with quote

I recently updated gnome-session, and now gnome will not start. It simply halts at the splash screen (that one with the foot at the begining). Gnome-session is version 2.0.9, and this is Gentoo 1.2. I found this thread: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=19194&highlight=gnome+problems+halts+foot+print+splash+screen
on the forum, but the solutions there do not work for me (not even the exporting of GDK_USE_XFT=0 ).

Also, I do not have the errors therein described in my .gnomerc-errors. Infact, I do not have any errors in either my .xsession-errors or my .gnomerc-errors. This problem effects all users, and it is not solved my moving my .gnome2 dir. Also, it effects the gnome failsafe session as well, although the failsafe xterm session does work. If I try to start gnome-session from the xterm, it says "Loaded background '0x80ba548" on the terminal, and then it halts at the splash screen again.

Has any body else had this issue? I've been picking at it all day, but don't seem to be making any progress. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: