Presario 2700us network card
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Attitude
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Presario 2700us network card Reply with quote

I am trying to get my network card to work in my presario. I got it to work on install but not it does not want to start saying it can not load the module durning install it used eepro100 but now, ANy ideas?
WildBill
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using either the "tulip" module or the "de4x5" module. My Presario 1800T seems to like the tulip module, although it's an Intel chip.

The history is, the tulip and de4x5 drivers are for Digital ethernet chipsets. At some point, Intel bought Digital's network business and technologies, and incorporated that into their products... so depending on what chipset you have, the tulip and/or de4x5 drivers work on your machine.

That's what I've been able to figure out, anyway... :)
Banjo Gentooie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Presario 2700us network card Reply with quote

Attitude wrote:
I am trying to get my network card to work in my presario. I got it to work on install but not it does not want to start saying it can not load the module durning install it used eepro100 but now, ANy ideas?

It should still be eepro100, that's what I'm using with my 2701EA.
Make sure you enabled it in your kernel configuration. If it's compiled already check dependencies. Make sure the modules_install you did goes with the bzImage you created.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: