View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: dmake OpenOffice libstdc++ error -> update, now compiled Reply with quote

Didn't find this one when searching the forums.

Quote:
dmake: Error -- `/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.1-r1/work/oo_1.0.1_src/solver/641/unxlngi4 .pro/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.0' not found, and can't be made

Funny thing is, libstdc++.so.5 and libstdc++.5.0.1 were both there when I checked. I'm copying libstdc++.so.5 to libstdc++.so.5.0.0 and trying to compile again to see what happens...

Last edited by EzInKy on Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope...didn't work. It must've cleaned out the directory during the build. The ebuild script mentions the whole libstdc++ thing as a workaround. Seems weird that only the major version is getting copied (5), yet looks for (5.0.0)....
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got it to compile by waiting until the script applied the patches, then created my libstdc++.5.0.0 by copying libstdcc++.5 in the solver directory as the ebuild progressed.

It failed to install with access violations, but the image directory had all the necessary files so I manually installed everything and ooffice starts up just fine B-)
sethbc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you have a problem like this its wise to go to bugs.gentoo.org and post a bug so someone like myself can fix it. As it turns out this is fixed in openoffice-1.0.1-r2.ebuild (which is ~ masked).

seth
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry seth...I was more or less "thinking" out loud when I was posting. I did start to fill out a bug report but stopped when I decided to try to copy the libstdc++ file after the patches were applied and forgot all about going back to finishing it B-/.
hassan_1321
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sethbc wrote:
when you have a problem like this its wise to go to bugs.gentoo.org and post a bug so someone like myself can fix it. As it turns out this is fixed in openoffice-1.0.1-r2.ebuild (which is ~ masked).

seth

well i dont know how to do what Ezinky did but I can tell I have the same exact error using th 'r2' ebuild. Which wasnt masked on my system :? Is there a way for me to get that library installed? Or maybe I should wait till this ebuild is no longer alpha?
CheshireCat
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Erm, "metoo" Reply with quote

Sadly, doesn't look like 1.0.1-r2 fixed anything for me, either. It should be noted that I'm not using the ~x86 keyword, just selecting certain unstable packages. As a matter of fact, I now see that I don't have the libstdc++ that it wants - I will try upgrading gcc first and see if that fixes it for me. If it does, then maybe openoffice-1.0.1-r2 needs a gcc version dependency? I'm hoping it does work, as this is my third or fourth try on this ebuild, and it's a shame to see it get that far and die :-/
Code:
rm -f ../unxlngi4.pro/bin/udk3.0.1/linux/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
cp -p /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.1-r2/work/oo_1.0.1_src/solver/641/unxlngi4.pro/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 ../unxlngi4.pro/bin/udk3.0.1/linux/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
rm -f ../unxlngi4.pro/bin/udk3.0.1/linux/lib/libgcc_s.so
ln -s libgcc_s.so.1 ../unxlngi4.pro/bin/udk3.0.1/linux/lib/libgcc_s.so
dmake:  Error -- `/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.1-r2/work/oo_1.0.1_src/solver/641/unxlngi4.pro/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.1' not found, and can't be made
---* RULES.MK *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.1-r2/work/oo_1.0.1_src/product/util

!!! ERROR: app-office/openoffice-1.0.1-r2 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 264, Exitcode 1
!!! Build failed!
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<I>...as this is my third or fourth try on this ebuild, and it's a shame to see it get that far and die :-/ </I>

I just tried r2 myself and it got past the libstdc++ problem, but I note that yours died on 5.0.1, not 5.0.0 like r1 did for me. You can always browse to the /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.1-r2/work/oo_1.0.1_src/solver/641/unxlngi4.pro/lib/
directory to see what's there if you haven't cleaned it out yet (oo uses 2.3gb of disk space for the build files).

btw, my r2 build died with an access violation, which seth says is a known issue in another thread.
CheshireCat
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: hrm Reply with quote

It looks like OO-1.0.1-r2 wants a different libstdc++ version. I tried upgrading gcc, which wanted to upgrade glibc, which seems to have broken things quite badly. :cry: ls, tar, python (and therefore emerge) and numerous other things now segfault and die. Oddly enough, when I boot my rescue disc (init is hosed as well, but in somewhat more subtle ways, as I saw no apparent sig11s on boot), and chroot into my installation, all of these things work within the chroot environment. Since things seem to work fine in there, I'm going to rebuild most of the basic stuff (glibc, gcc, etc) and "upgrade" to ~x86. I wanted python-2.2.2 anyways ;-) I guess when that's done I'll rebuild the kernel (maybe my issue is a weird interaction w/ the kernel? seems that way, since the libraries work when I boot from the rescue disc), and give the whole mess another try.
RioFL
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: my openoffice failure the same as this discussion? Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure whether my error is the same but here are the last few lines of the build output.

it failed on me twice (after 18hrs build time each time)

/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.1-r1/image/opt/OpenOffice.org1.0.1/program/libsal.so.3.0.1
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.1-r1/image/opt/OpenOffice.org1.0.1/program/libtk641li.so
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.1-r1/image/opt/OpenOffice.org1.0.1/program/libpk641li.so
>>> Completed installing into /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.1-r1/image/

--------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY ---------------------------
LOG FILE = "/tmp/sandbox-openoffice-1.0.1-r1-10072.log"

open_wr: /share/psprint/pspfontcache
open_wr: /user/psprint/pspfontcache
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i tried to run the setup prog from the image dir just for kicks, it failed with error copying xpm files, and in looking at where it was copying from, only .png files exist.

Chuck
steveb
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the same error after 11.5 hours of compiling openoffice! but check this out: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=15667&highlight=openoffice+sandbox

i am still compiling a 3th time now. don't know if the mentioned steps will solve the problem.

cheers

SteveB
cbrese
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this thread, it helped me

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=26390&highlight=openoffice+libstdc
steveb
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well.... now i was able to compile openoffice on my athlon desktop and on my intel p3 notebook.

i had to do:
Code:
export SANDBOX_DISABLED=1
emerge app-office/openoffice
unset SANDBOX_DISABLED

i waited until openoffice got extracted and just started to compile. then i did the following:
Code:
cd /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.1-r1/work/oo_1.0.1_src/solver/641/unxlngi4.pro/lib
ln -s libstdc++.so.5 libstdc++.so.5.0.0

just for the compile time freaks:
athlon-tbird@1400mhz: about 10.5 hour
intel pentium III@1000mhz: about 11.5 hour

cheers

SteveB
SillyPants
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VICTORY!
Code:
>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
>>> app-office/openoffice-1.0.1-r3 merged.
>>> Recording app-office/openoffice in "world" favorites file...

app-office/openoffice
    selected: none
   protected: 1.0.1-r3
     omitted: none

>>> clean: No packages selected for removal.

>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
>>> Auto-cleaning packages ...

>>> No outdated packages were found on your system.

* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.

Thank you, steveb et al
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: