Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Portage for OSX Mirror and other questions...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nalin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Portage for OSX Mirror and other questions... Reply with quote

Hi,
A couple of questions...

(For portage under osx:)
First, is there a mirror for MetaDistribution.org (The Gentoo on OSX installation guide references a single page which has been unavailable for ~72 hrs), two days of no response and today 404s. I want Pan and Gimp and a handful of others but dont really want fink.

(For gentoo under PPC:)
Second, to install gentoo on PowerPC, the installation guide gives partitioning directions which (from me) leave some confusion as to whether one needs delete a single partition or the free space associated with the partition as well. I set up a gentoo partition, an osx partition and empty space ideally for shared stuff, and ended up with 7 (perhaps 8?) partitions - a boot type deal and soaces corresponding to each of the aforementioned surronded by free space seperations. I am curious whether I use mac-fdisk to kill and repartition both areas (partition and free space prior to it) or the single partition which I have allocated.

Third, how can I eliminate the scanlines when booting from the live cd (powerbook 17" radeon), I tried manually specifying lower resolutions but still get the scanlines. Are these detrimental to my display (I ask only because I have configured X enough that I know improper resolutions can be but am unsure whether a terminal display can screw up my hardware).

Thank for your time and any questions which you can answer, I apologize in advance for being such a ppc newbie...
The "shopping" key is a whole different beast, "m" gets stuck and you hit it again - "shopping" gets stuck and you end up closing 129 instances of konqueror - thats why the hotkeys people are bastards
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Gentoo on PPC.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: