It's dead
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsfgf
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: It's dead Reply with quote

Something's bad wrong w/ my com. I don't know what.

1) yesterday morning i wake up and the machine's hardlocked. I can't get it to boot. It says it can't mount /. I then boot w/ the live cd to try and fsck the parttion, but i try to mount it and it works fine. So i reboot and all goes well.

2) Today i wake up and the mchine's hardlocked again. It will boot but it can't load modules. modprobe ne2k-pci returns can't find module. ls/ lib/modules/2/.4.19-xfs-r2/kernel/drivers/net/ works. So i reboot an use my 2.5 kernel. everything looks good. So i say to hell w/ 2.4. I try to emerge kernel 2.5.52 (since scsi doesn't work right in .47) and the ebuild complains that the checksum is wrong. so i manually dl the sources. while' that;s downlaoding, im listening to music and all of a suddon something happesns. the download stops, when i click n a link i phoenix it segfaults. xmms just runs through ple playlist like it does when i can't find files. the only command i can do is cd. ls, cp give i/o errors. ctrl+alt+del says can't find /sbin/shutdown. What happened.

if you can help aim me at gsfgf0.
gsfgf
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to be working thx to some people on #gentoo.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: