View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to throw in my vote for xmame. As curious mentioned a few posts back, MAME is incredible -- you can play just about any arcade game you can think of, including all versions of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat that I'm aware of. Every game I can think of from my childhood is available on MAME. They don't have all the fancy graphics and ultra-realism of today's games, but the game play is (IMO) a lot better for a lot of the older games.

http://x.mame.net/

--kurt

P.S. I've got one of these on order. I can't wait until it gets here. It will make the arcade experience that much more real.
Curious
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klieber wrote:
P.S. I've got one of these on order. I can't wait until it gets here. It will make the arcade experience that much more real.

Zounds. That would definitely make the task of building your own home cabinet about a thousand times easier.

Of course, it's not quite as scary as the new Steel Batallion controller for the XBox...

I built an old dedicated MAME box on a 233 using dos a thousand years ago, because at the time, I was worried about people dropping power on an unprotected ext2 file system. With the advent of Ext3... ( or better yet, everything on a cd, and roms mounted via ro nfs... ) perhaps this could be a good Gentoo project for me.

Klieber, if I can ever get my MAME rom Cd's back off my friends, would you engage in a battle of The Last Blade 2 using the networking stuff ( if it still works ) sometime? :-P

Hrmm....
Curious.
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious wrote:
Klieber, if I can ever get my MAME rom Cd's back off my friends, would you engage in a battle of The Last Blade 2 using the networking stuff ( if it still works ) sometime? :-P

Yeah, like I need to be asked twice to use my new controller. :) Never played the game before, but sure -- why not?

--kurt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: