wine vs. winex - funny business
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milothurston
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:28 am    Post subject: wine vs. winex - funny business Reply with quote

I've been trying to install a particular application (Genedoc) on my gentoo system, using both wine and winex. It works perfectly on my Red Hat systems, using wine.

winex - will install the application (winex SETUP.EXE), but when I try to run it I get:
Code:

/usr/lib/winex-cvs/bin/wine: can't exec '/home/milo/.wine/fake_windows/GENEDOC/GENEDOC.EXE': error=21

I'll try using a vanilla kernel, as I heard from Transgaming that some patches in Red Hat's kernel stop winex from working, and the gentoo kernel may suffer similarly.

wine - won't run the install, it claims that the files on disk are corrupted (this is, of course, a lie). It won't run the program that winex installed, doing this instead:
Code:

/usr/lib/wine/bin/wine: could not load 'C:\GENEDOC\GENEDOC.EXE' as Win32 binary

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, is there a solution other than (hopefully) a vanilla kernel and winex?
Thanks,
Milo.
woodm
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:36 am    Post subject: I'm having the EXACT same problems with another program. Reply with quote

Same errors exactly. My problem is that I have NO idea how to test and see if wine is working at all. What do I test with?

Has anyone figured this out?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: