Mozilla 1.2.1 and plugins
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sivar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Mozilla 1.2.1 and plugins Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to get Flash and Java to work in Mozilla? If so, how?
My /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins is as follows:
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           37 Dec 19 01:19 flashplayer.xpt -> /opt/netscape/plugins/flashplayer.xpt
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           62 Dec 17 12:46 javaplugin_oji.so -> /opt/blackdown-jre-1.3.1/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           39 Dec 19 01:19 libflashplayer.so -> /opt/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        20288 Dec 17 12:46 libnullplugin.so
The files linked to do exist.

about:plugins doesn't list any plugins (well, the Null plugin, but it doesn't count :).
I've restarted Mozilla, reinstalled Blackdown and the Flash plugin, followed the instructions in the [url=http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/java.xmlOfficial Gentoo Java documentation[/url], and even rebooted.
When I click on an area of a window reserved by a java applet, I get:
Mozilla wrote:
This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that can only be viewed with the appropriate Plug-in."

java-config --java-version gives me:
    java version "1.3.1"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build Blackdown-1.3.1-FCS)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.3.1-FCS, mixed mode)

What am I doing wrong here?
clutch
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my other Linux installs (Debian, Xandros, Libranet, etc.) I could never get symlinks to work properly, so I would just copy the plugin directory over and it worked fine. Also, since I use Phoenix now I just copy that plugin dir from machine to machine. I would imagine this will work the same way in your case.

clutch
Sivar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried making a hard link, rather than symlink (which should work if copying does), and it didn't work, but I did run Mozilla from the console to get it's stderr. It complains with the following:
Code:
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so: undefined symbol: __vt_17nsGetServiceByCID]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so [libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so: undefined symbol: __vt_17nsGetServiceByCID]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so [libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]

Libc 6.2? What, are they time travelling? Last I checked we were still on 2.3.x. Odd.
int1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=22759&highlight=

Hope it does....
int1
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: