Pine config for gentoo?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacMasta
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: Pine config for gentoo? Reply with quote

I seem to remember that gentoo likes to keep user's mail in ~/.maildir, and that pine stores things in ~/Mail. Storing in ~/Mail seems ok - get things out of the spool, put them in subfolders. However, i don't know where pine expects to start looking for the spool - is any special configuration necessary to get it to look in ~/.maildir, not /var/spool/ or /var/mail or some such place?

Thanks!

~Mac~
kashani
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: pine and maildir Reply with quote

There is a pine-maildir package. I'd use that for basis of any further work, but I never actually got it to work correctly. Your other option is to use mbox style mail, which is supported by a fair number of MTA's.

kashani
rizzo
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest ebuild of pine now looks for a USE flag to decide whether or not to apply the maildir patch at build time. I know this because when they first released the ebuild it just applied the patch every time and my mbox setup was rendered useless. So they added support for a flag. I'll look up what the flag is called. It's on the bug report I filed. It's either mbox or maildir.

update: The USE variable is "mbox", and will be used as of pine-4.50-r3. The bug is here: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11491
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: