View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chatgris
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:53 am    Post subject: KDE dockicons in fluxbox Reply with quote

I recently emerged fluxbox, and found that when I emerge sim, I didn't have the nice little dock icons (windows language in case I got that wrong, system tray icon).

I then went to fluxbox.org, and read that i needed to compile fluxbox with the --enable-kde or something like that. (This is not the question, just read there needs to be an example configure flag.)

I however, realised, that I had -qt -kde in my make.conf. I have since removed them. If I recompile fluxbox will that give me my docking functionality that I so desire? or do I need to manually install fluxbox running the ./configure step myself?

Josh.
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: KDE dockicons in fluxbox Reply with quote

chatgris wrote:
I recently emerged fluxbox, and found that when I emerge sim, I didn't have the nice little dock icons (windows language in case I got that wrong, system tray icon).

I then went to fluxbox.org, and read that i needed to compile fluxbox with the --enable-kde or something like that. (This is not the question, just read there needs to be an example configure flag.)

I however, realised, that I had -qt -kde in my make.conf. I have since removed them. If I recompile fluxbox will that give me my docking functionality that I so desire? or do I need to manually install fluxbox running the ./configure step myself?

Josh.

Since kde is one of the default use settings, and you are no longer negating it in your make.conf then yes, re-emerging fluxbox should add the kde support. It might pull in some KDE stuff in order to do that, but re-emerging it should have the desired effect.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: