Irritating middle mouse button in web browsing
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sivar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Irritating middle mouse button in web browsing Reply with quote

Please tell me how on earth to either disable my middle mouse button in web browsers (such as Mozilla and Konqueror) or how to configure it to not be so infuriating.
When I scroll with the mouse, I frequently accidentally press the wheel (third mouse button) down and it either goes to the previous page, which is irritating, or if I have text highlighted it tries to go to http://that_text, which is really incredibly irritating. What's even more irritating is when I am typing a message like this and the browser does one of these two things, then forgets what I was typing.
This built in "intelligence" is almost as irritating as Microsoft Office when it corrects a word that you spell correctly, and refuses to let you type it as it is supposed to be typed because it thinks you mean a commonly misspelt work. GRRRR!
Malakin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not aware of any way to fix this, was waiting for Mozilla to do something about it but it's still not fixed in rc3 I see.

The easiest solution right now is to probably get a different mouse. On most of the newer mice the wheel button is very loose and spins easy so you don't have to press on it nearly as hard to spin it, therefore making it a lot harder to accidently click.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: