wold update and .cfg0000
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rommel
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 8:04 am    Post subject: wold update and .cfg0000 Reply with quote

i just updated world adn compiled the new release of kde and at the end i got the 4 files need to be edited messege ...so i ran #find /etc -iname '._cfg????_*' and it doesnt list anything...what do you suppose could have happened...i booted back into kde from run level 3 and everything seems ok...3.0.1 is installed and so far i cant find any issue...i looked through etc in konqueror with the show hidden files enabled and still couldnt locate any cfg files.

this happen to anyone else

ciao

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe an error in your "find" command is the reason for not to find the "cfg????" files.
But if U aren't a "linux-power-guru" ;) it is save to do a :
export CONFIG_PROTECT=""
before emerging new software :)
craftyc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you tyoe
Code:
find /etc -iname '._cfg*_*'
All the files that match the criteria will be found, well works for me anyway :)
magoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: wold update and .cfg0000 Reply with quote

rommel wrote:
i just updated world adn compiled the new release of kde and at the end i got the 4 files need to be edited messege ...so i ran #find /etc -iname '._cfg????_*' and it doesnt list anything...what do you suppose could have happened...i booted back into kde from run level 3 and everything seems ok...3.0.1 is installed and so far i cant find any issue...i looked through etc in konqueror with the show hidden files enabled and still couldnt locate any cfg files.

this happen to anyone else

ciao

you are doing everything correctly, if the files were located in /etc. but in this case for kde they are in /usr/kde/3/share/config. the message after the ebuild tells you the directory that the configs that need updating are in (it is usually (99% of the time) /etc, but if you type emerge again you will see it states the kde dir)

running find /usr/kde/3/share/config -iname '._cfg????_*' should list those files that need updating.

this got me the first time too :) took some closer reading.
rommel
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks magoo...i thought of that last night after i went to sleep...it just hasnt occured yet...but that was totally where missing 4 cfg's were...thanks again for your help

ciao
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: