Direct Connect for linux
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FINITE
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Direct Connect for linux Reply with quote

I was browsing around the net looking for file sharing programs and found that there is a direct connect for linux. I checked the ebuilds list and found to my surprise that there isn't one for direct connect. Would it be possible for someone to add this to the list? I don't mind not being able to use emerge for it but it would be cool to have this in the list.

Also I started really noticing how unorganized the list is. Things should be orderd by type, and then name. Right now the "name" part seems to be ok but the "types" are all jumbled together in alphabetical order. Just though I would point this out incase it hadn't already been. Thanks.
sena
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Direct Connect for linux Reply with quote

FINITE wrote:
I was browsing around the net looking for file sharing programs and found that there is a direct connect for linux. I checked the ebuilds list and found to my surprise that there isn't one for direct connect. Would it be possible for someone to add this to the list? I don't mind not being able to use emerge for it but it would be cool to have this in the list.

I joked around with one DC program for Linux a while ago. It was the only one I found, so I guess it is the one you're talking about.

If it is, I can tell you that it's not worth the ebuild. The program either is total crap, or is in a very early stage of development. Not worth using it right now...

Anyhow, drop the URL here so I can confirm it is the same... :)

Quote:
Also I started really noticing how unorganized the list is. Things should be orderd by type, and then name. Right now the "name" part seems to be ok but the "types" are all jumbled together in alphabetical order. Just though I would point this out incase it hadn't already been. Thanks.

I'm not really sure what you are talking about...

Topics in each forum are ordered by last post. Posts in each topic are ordered by date and time. Exactly what do you mean with "name" or "type"?

Regards, Sena.
freefall
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this. Works well but lacks many things.

dctc and dc-gui is in portage. dc-gui is a frontend for dctc.

I have used dc-gui and it's pretty good. It has got a lot of gnome deps though, that's why I don't have it installed now.
FINITE
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the ebuild list I am just saying that its fairly unorganized. Sure its orderd by dates and times or whatever but (atleast for me) it would be better if it were organized with different headings like for instance "Desktop/Windows Managers" containing all of the available sources and so on and so forth.

As for the DC software here is the link to the home page. From what I have read it doesn't sound to bad. http://dc.ketelhot.de/
FINITE
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh, it is in portage? No way! Let me check again. Well I'll be damnd. I just didn't know it would be under those abreviations. Thanks man. I will be installing this asap. Don't care about the Gnome deps., heck if I get enough of the gnome stuff isntalled I just might go all the way with it and give gnome a try ;)
FINITE
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm emerging this right now and damn does the gui have alot of deps! There were atleast 10! Oh well, This will keep me from having to boot windows at all really. I need my direct connect :D Thanks for pointing out to me that it was in the portage tree.
jcmkk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if linux had a DC too. Tell me how it well works. I also think that the packages page needs organized by app type, then alphabetical order in the subgroups.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: