love-sources and LIRC problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whygentoo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: love-sources and LIRC problem Reply with quote

I have installed love-sources 2.6.7-rc3-love2. Running modprobe lirc_serial and dmesg gives this message:

lirc_serial: auto-detected active low reciver
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate:0
_devfs_append_entry (lirc0): dir: "lirc" is not a directory
devfs_mk-dev: could not append to parent for lirc/lirc0

Anyone who knows what this message is about?
mglauche
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you try it with some more stable kernel ? love sources are knowing to be very bleeding edge, which is not always a good thing ...
whygentoo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved solved solved!

It turned out that the supply voltage was to low from the serial interface on the Via EPIA 5000 board. You who are familiar with the serial interface know that it´s possible to get a DC supply voltage around 8-12 volt by connecting to the serial interface pin 5 and 7, thats GND (Signal ground) and RTS (Request to send).

I activated the serial interface by modprobe lirc_serial and the messauring the ouput voltage. I got a 5 volt supply from my Via Epia 5000 board. I then switched board to my VIA ME6000 board. I did a modprobe lirc_serial an messaured the output voltage to my homebrew reciever. I got a 7.3 volt supply. And LIRC was up and running whitout any problem. I don´t know if it´s possble to recomstruct the serial reciver or if a parallell reciver would work with the Epia 5000 board. That is still to investigate. But it seems to me that the supply voltage is to low from the Via Epia 5000 serial interface. This is similar with the problem that some time happend to laptops: that the supply voltage is to low to operate the serial reciver, despite that it only consumes a few milliwatts.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: