Problem emerging KDE!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STiAT
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 9:29 am    Post subject: Problem emerging KDE! Reply with quote

Yes, i am one of this thumb KDE-Users ;). I already posted this to the post moved to suggestions, but this has nothing to do with a suggestion, its more a problem i decided ;)

I had some problems getting bootstrap, emerge system and kde to work. now it's only kde.

I now downloaded the 1.2 base and tried out with that. now bootstrap goes on great, don't know if something changed in ports or what ever. seems there were problems with directories of rsync in make.globals

Now, okay, until KDE everything goes great. Yesterday i started bootstrap at 6 o clock, emerge system at 8 o clock and emerge kde at around 11 o clock and went to bed. today i went up, and checked out he has done. no, an error occured, SOMEWHERE, i don't know which package. libarie error i expect somewhere. now, back to win2k on 16 colors and 640x480 *g*... please HELP!!

Code:
>>>/usr/kde/3/libnoatuntags.so.0 -> libnoatuntags.so.0.0.0
>>>/usr/kde/3/libnoatuntags.so -> libnoatuntags.so.0.0.0

!!!pkg_postinstall() script failed; exiting.

before that there are more libarie moves like that written. important is the pkg_postinstall. i did emerge --pretend system after that for you. the next system he would install are the kde-utils.

STiAT aka Grabler Georg
guester

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same error. Just emerge kde again and it will continue. That last package has been installed, somehow it just forgot what to do next. Just do an emerge kde again and it should be fine.
poorman
Saravak

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Same here! Reply with quote

I had the same problem!!

I noticed that some times during emerge it stated that it did't had permissions to create /root/.kde and subdirs!!!

Now I'm emerging it the second time :?

Hopfully now will work!
id10t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started KDE last night before bed, had the same problem this morning when I got up... so I restarted and sent all output to files

emerge kde 2> error.log 1> emerge.log

If it isn't right when I get home tonite, at least I'll have the files to look at for possible causes.
shakti
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had same error too.. :wink: just type emerge kde again and it will carry on... works fine for me.
FINITE
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happend to me. I was like holy crap! After all the time it took now this! Started it again and it took like 20 minutes to complete from where the error occured and it worked fine.
schmuck
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: alsa Reply with quote

Have tried out your soundserver after such a bail_out? I had experienced same problems and after the second installation i had no sound. I has been discussed eralier and has been tracked down to the alsa 0.9. A fix to emerge alsa0.5.12 were also posted but did not work for me...
gentoo - i'll try it again when stabilised ;)
shakti
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sound works fine, actually i have less problems with gentoo then i had with mdk and win. :P
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: