View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenobi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: getting kde to manage multiple screens? Reply with quote

Hi !

I just configured my second graphics card, a matrox mga. I got kde up and running with two screens...i could start programs and assign them to a screen via exporting the DISPLAY variable...worked fine. If there weren't the KDE applications....starting on the second screen Konsole freezed, kmail is not movable and doesn't have a title bar. The taskbar on the second monitor looks similar, but it has only one virtual screen and some stuff is missing in the start menu...

Can someone tell me how to set up kde correctly so that I can use the second screen as well ?

Somewhere I read i should modify starkde and give kwin the arguments -display :0.0 -display :0.1 . Well..my problem is that there is no call to kwin in that file...it seems that it is now called by ksmserver. Anyway KDE is running on screen two in *some* way, so that doesnt seem to be the solution to me.

Just to say it : I am currently using that xinerama thingie, but unfortunately my second screen is on the left and all windows pop up there, so it is quite unconvenient...I would prefer the solution with two real screens. Two mice would be nice then :-)

Greetz,

Uli
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: