View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karl11
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:48 am    Post subject: gnome-theme-properties Reply with quote

My problems with gnome-theme-properties....am considering deleting my .g* directories, but will seriously back them up first since I like my gtk theme. Anyone have any ideas what the problem is here?

Code:
bash-2.05a$ gnome-theme-properties

(gnome-theme-properties:26231): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkTreeView'

(gnome-theme-properties:26231): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktreeview.c: line 8329 (gtk_tree_view_insert_column_with_attributes): assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed

(gnome-theme-properties:26231): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktreeview.c: line 7776 (gtk_tree_view_set_model): assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed

(gnome-theme-properties:26231): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktreeview.c: line 7903 (gtk_tree_view_get_selection): assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed

(gnome-theme-properties:26231): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktreeselection.c: line 190 (gtk_tree_selection_set_mode): assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_SELECTION (selection)' failed

(gnome-theme-properties:26231): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GObject'

(gnome-theme-properties:26231): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(gnome-theme-properties:26231): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gsignal.c: line 1605 (g_signal_connect_data): assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
(gnome-theme-properties:26231): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkTreeView'

(gnome-theme-properties:26231): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkWidget'
bash-2.05a$

It's Segfaulting, and my clicking cancel is what brings back the prompt.
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenexsys wrote:

- You can set the opacity on the panel (excluding Menu panel), making it transparent. However, the transparency will mess up if you move the panel. Gnome-panel also segment fault alot.

I had this also... I went ahead and removed the system-tray-applet package and so far no more crashes. This applet is now part of the panel package and has been renamed, so I'm wondering if the two files are conflicting.

zenexsys wrote:

- When trying to change theme, I get:

"Can't launch entry
Details: Failed to execute child process "gnome-theme-properties" (No such file or directory)"

Edit /usr/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/gtk-theme-selector.desktop and replace the line that reads "Exec=gnome-theme-properties" with "Exec=gnome-theme-manager"

zenexsys wrote:

- Nautilus preference menu change...no more theme support !!! Sorry Yoannez :( but please keep working on the gentoo theme, I gonna downgrade to earlier nautilus version.

The nautilus-only themes have been retired. Now nautilus follows the system gtk and icon themes. However, I did have to rename the /usr/share/icons/gnome directory to /usr/share/icons/Gnome to be able to switch succesfully.

zenexsys wrote:

- Numlock key doen't work with gedit or calculator

This Gnome 2.1.2 release seem quite buggy , I do not recommend using it unless you have a good backup of your computer. (I GHOST my root partition so it only takes 5 minutes to go back to Gnome 2.1.1 or Gnome 2.0.2 )

zenexsys

Same experiences here... 2.1.1. seemed much more stable, tho not as much fun.... :lol:
spendabuck
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup 2.1.2 is a lot buggier than 2.1.1. getting a lot of crashes here. going back to 2.1.1
xcasex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:58 am    Post subject: oh yes... problem ... Reply with quote

whilst emerging libgnomeprint-2.1.1.ebuild i encountered this one:
btw i wants to downgrade my Xfree install from 4.2.1 to 4.2.0 also...

--

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -Wunused -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -o gpa-test gpa-test.o ../libgnomeprint/libgnomeprint-2-2.la -Wl,--export-dynamic -lart_lgpl_2 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0 -lxml2 -lm -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpopt
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -Wunused -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -o .libs/generate generate.o -Wl,--export-dynamic ../libgnomeprint/.libs/libgnomeprint-2-2.so /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so -ldl /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so /usr/lib/libxml2.so -lm -lfontconfig /usr/lib/libfreetype.so /usr/lib/libpopt.so
../libgnomeprint/.libs/libgnomeprint-2-2.so: undefined reference to `deflate'
../libgnomeprint/.libs/libgnomeprint-2-2.so: undefined reference to `deflateInit_'
../libgnomeprint/.libs/libgnomeprint-2-2.so: undefined reference to `deflateEnd'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [generate] Fel 1
make[3]: *** Inväntar oavslutade jobb...
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -Wunused -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -o .libs/gpa-test gpa-test.o -Wl,--export-dynamic ../libgnomeprint/.libs/libgnomeprint-2-2.so /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so -ldl /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so /usr/lib/libxml2.so -lm -lfontconfig /usr/lib/libfreetype.so /usr/lib/libpopt.so
../libgnomeprint/.libs/libgnomeprint-2-2.so: undefined reference to `deflate'
../libgnomeprint/.libs/libgnomeprint-2-2.so: undefined reference to `deflateInit_'
../libgnomeprint/.libs/libgnomeprint-2-2.so: undefined reference to `deflateEnd'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [gpa-test] Fel 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/libgnomeprint-2.1.1/work/libgnomeprint-2.1.1/tests'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fel 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/libgnomeprint-2.1.1/work/libgnomeprint-2.1.1/tests'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fel 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/libgnomeprint-2.1.1/work/libgnomeprint-2.1.1'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Fel 2

!!! ERROR: gnome-base/libgnomeprint-2.1.1 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 29, Exitcode 2
!!! compile failure

--
tomboy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:35 am    Post subject: i've got no ebuild...! Reply with quote

I emerged rsync! to update my ebauilds...!
But ther is no new Version of gnome or gnome panel any way!
How everybody in this Post can emerge gome2.1.2 ???

greetz, tomboy
Yorosaki
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u have to have accept_keyword="~x86" (or whatever machine ur running) in your make.conf to get gnome 2.1.x
mantis
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have encoutered the same problem as xcasex and i was wondering if anyone has any information about a fix for it?
ryan83vt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<fixed,kinda>I upgraded gnome and now it hangs on the splash startup screen forever. I hear the gnome startup sound, but thats it. Can anybody whats wrong? I also didnt put accept keywords ~86 but instead i just commented out the masking of all the gnome 2 stuff and it emerged fine

I just did emerge -u gnome-desktop is there more?

<edit> by the way failsafe doesnt work either (I'm in windowmaker now)
=====================================================
Ignore this, I was supposed to do
emerge -u gnome
instead of gnome-desktop.

Last edited by ryan83vt on Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
orochi
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:31 pm    Post subject: .gnomerc-errors Reply with quote

maybe u should look at your .gnomerc-errors, that may shed some light on the problem, better yet post it , im sure some one will know wahts wrong
ryan83vt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting the same compile errors (the ones with [all-recursive] error ....) If anybody figures out the answer please post!
mantis
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To fix the libgnomeprint error, you have to configure the source by yourself and when your about to make edit the Makefile and remove from SUBDIRS tests, it worked for me. All you copy the Makefile to /usr/portage/gnome-base/libgnomeprint/files or whereever you have your portage dir and edit the Makefile there. Then edit the ebuild and before emake after ./configure is finished add - cp ${FILESDIR}/Makefile ${S}. This should work too.
ryan83vt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mantis wrote:
To fix the libgnomeprint error, you have to configure the source by yourself and when your about to make edit the Makefile and remove from SUBDIRS tests, it worked for me. All you copy the Makefile to /usr/portage/gnome-base/libgnomeprint/files or whereever you have your portage dir and edit the Makefile there. Then edit the ebuild and before emake after ./configure is finished add - cp ${FILESDIR}/Makefile ${S}. This should work too.

english please?? I have never configured anything that I could emerge. I have downloaded tarballs, extracted, then typed ./configure -- I dont know if thats the same type of configure you are talking about. Maybe that helps some other people, but I dont know how to get at the source or edit the ebuild.

Thanks
kementeus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When... when the Gnome 2.2..... when, when.... my cpu and network connections are waiting for it....
Bytal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get an error when I emerge 2.1.2 with vte. Somewhere else on the forums I read that it shouldn't be emerged. So how do I upgrade to 2.1.2 in this case?
zenexsys
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kementeus: Don't expect Gnome 2.2 until Jan 31 2003

http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/schedule/

Personally, I don't like the direction that Gnome2 is going. The developers are over-simplifing everything with recent releases. It not really fun anymore when you can't tweak Gnome to look and act the way YOU want to.
mantis
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah sorry before but i was rushing off to school.

OK hopefully this will make more sense.

Run emerge -u libgnomeprint and let the error occur. Then from the temporary work directory copy the Makefile to /path/to/portage/gnome-base/libgnomeprint/files. Edit the Makefile and look for SUBDIRS and remove tests from this line. Then edit the ebuild /path/to/portage/gnome-base/libgnomeprint/libgnomeprint-2.1.1.ebuild and after the ./configure bit and before the emake add 'cp ${FILESDIR}/Makefile ${S} and run emerge again and hopefully it should work.
ryan83vt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k thanks that makes more sense. I'll reply when I've tried it.
bonito
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The transparancy in the panel...is it the fake transparency where it takes a picture of the background or the real one?
Yoannez
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
Quote:
Tomboy

Edit the file /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask, and unmask the Gnome2.1.2 - Ebuild's... 8)
Yoannez
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
Quote:
Tomboy

Edit the file /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask, and unmask the Gnome2.1.2 - Ebuild's... 8)

Bonito : I think It is a fake transparency.
Springfield
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonito wrote:
The transparancy in the panel...is it the fake transparency where it takes a picture of the background or the real one?

I don't think X can do "real" transparency yet!
synonymousca
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenexsys wrote:
kementeus: Don't expect Gnome 2.2 until Jan 31 2003

http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/schedule/

Personally, I don't like the direction that Gnome2 is going. The developers are over-simplifing everything with recent releases. It not really fun anymore when you can't tweak Gnome to look and act the way YOU want to.

This isn't that big of a problem, you know.. Just use Sawfish instead. I don't think its new version has made portage yet, but you can find ebuilds which someone helpfully attached to bugs 10600 and 10601 at bugs.gentoo.org
raff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: umm earlier someone talked about "downgrading" Reply with quote

i know this is a stupid question but it kinda applies to gnome 2.1.2, i installed it and everything works buts its way to buggy, however i cant get it to uninstall and i cant get 2.1.1 to install, just says like 3 lines and then updates ld or whatnot i already rebuilt the portage tree and removed the tmp dir , what am i missing here? emerde unmerge gnome doesnt work either, it doesnt error it just has no impact
roTor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:55 am    Post subject: libgnomeprintui-2.1.1.ebuild fail with libgnomeprint-2.1.1 Reply with quote

foser wrote:
It is satisfied with libgnomeprint-2.1.1

Foser,
I've emerged libgnomeprint-2.1.1 and still get the following error "/usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so -ldl /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so -Wl,-soname -Wl,libgnomeprintui-2-2.so.0 -o .libs/libgnomeprintui-2-2.so.0.0.0
gcc:
/usr/lib/libgnomeprint-2-2.so: No such file or directory"

I've emerged just about all the 2.1.1 ebuilds individually but still can't get libgnomeprintui-2.1.1.ebuild to build.
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: libgnomeprintui-2.1.1.ebuild fail with libgnomeprint-2.1 Reply with quote

roTor wrote:
foser wrote:
It is satisfied with libgnomeprint-2.1.1

Foser,
I've emerged libgnomeprint-2.1.1 and still get the following error "/usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so -ldl /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so -Wl,-soname -Wl,libgnomeprintui-2-2.so.0 -o .libs/libgnomeprintui-2-2.so.0.0.0
gcc:
/usr/lib/libgnomeprint-2-2.so: No such file or directory"

I've emerged just about all the 2.1.1 ebuilds individually but still can't get libgnomeprintui-2.1.1.ebuild to build.

if u have gentoolkit installed, try epm -ql libgnomeprint and see any suspicious scene. and if you do, modify libgnomeprint-2.1.1.ebuild under
Code:
src_install() {
    make DESTDIR=${D} \
        prefix=${D}/usr \
        sysconfdir=${D}/etc \
        infodir=${D}/usr/share/info \
        mandir=${D}/usr/share/man \
        install || die
remove all the ${D} except for DESTDIR and re-emerge it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: