Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Yet another anti-aliasing problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
floWZiRRa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Yet another anti-aliasing problem Reply with quote

Okay, so I just finished emerging kde (3.0.4) (on 1.4rc1) and wanted to get anti-aliasing working in KDE. However I failed; I followed all the instructions on the anti-aliasing article somewhere in this form: the RENDER extension is enabled, all the font paths are there, etc.

The weird thing is, the previewer in KDE's Font Installer applet does anti-aliasing perfectly, although nothing else does! So anti-aliasing *does* work, but only for that.

Here are the stats on various apps:
xterm: seg faults when I try to use -fa (??), so can't test
qtconfig: no AA, even though AA checkboxes are checked, QT_XFT=true
KDE font selector: no AA, even though AA checkbox is checked
KDE font installer: AA works!

I haven't installed gnome or mozilla yet, (and I won't unless I have to) so I can't check for those. Would anyone have any idea as to how I can solve this problem? Or any other apps I can use to test AA?
ChiaJesus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Anti-Aliased Fonts Reply with quote

I had the exact same problem. In my case the problem turned out to be the color depth I was running in X. It turned out I was only running 256, which wasn't adequate. Once I changed it to 24 bit the fonts were fine.

Hope this helps..

-Chia
faz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i had the exact same problem and i've solved it: check https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=117046#117046
floWZiRRa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Yay! Reply with quote

Cool. It worked. Thanks! :)
phong
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're trying to consolidate all the font problems to one thread, so I'm locking this thread. Please post any followups there.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: