Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Intel 845G chipset (82810) DMA kernel drivers?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belthezar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Intel 845G chipset (82810) DMA kernel drivers? Reply with quote

EDIT: Hmm, found out the more proper way to refer to this chipset is 845G and I found a few threads that might be some help already. If anyone does want to add to this thread though I wouldn't mind! I am not using the onboard video, nor sound so I'm only interested in getting the IDE drivers working

I have a Dell GX260 system with a Pentium IV 1.8GHz processor and 512MB RAM with a 36GB hard drive in it. However I noticed my hard drive performance seemed to be pretty crappy so I did the hdparm -Tt /dev/hda test. I came back with 349 MB/second for the cached test, but ONE megabyte per second for the main test!!! :evil:

When trying to turn on DMA mode it says that it can't do that, so I must assume that my kernel can't see my Intel 82810 IDE controller or something. I've been searching google for a couple hours and can't find anything about how to make my kernel see this controller.

Does anyone here have any ideas on how to turn this on? I even briefly tried 2.5.41 sources but I didn't see that specific driver listed in there either, plus I got a kernel panic on the first reboot with that kernel which is where I have since stopped for the night. :)
Amorphis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=47152&highlight=#47152

Almost sure this will work for you (it worked for me).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: