View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phong
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple things that may be good to add to the FAQ (please feel free to improve my wording)...

"I just posted a question, and the thread disappeared!"
"Your thread has probably been moved to the duplicates forum. When questions have been asked before, they get moved to the duplicates forum to make room for new questions. There should be at least one post in your thread linking to another discussing the same topic. Please direct any followups there. If you have questions about this policy or believe your post is a new question, feel free to PM a moderator."

"When I do 'emerge -pu world' I don't get the results I expect."
Check out the --deep option for emerge, and also this thread and this thread for explanations of why this behavior exists. A search of the forums for '--deep' will reveal more.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both good suggestions... one comment regarding:
phong wrote:
"I just posted a question, and the thread disappeared!"
I'd include a pointer to rac's About this forum thread in the Duplicate Threads forum. Plus some other relevant comments.

As a general rule, threads are not deleted. Most likely, your thread was moved to another, more appropriate forum, or it was moved into the Duplicate Threads forum (About this forum). Additionally, please read the Guidelines (READ BEFORE POSTING) in the News & Announcements forum.

Would it be worth elaborating on what 'more appropriate' means? Feel free to scratch, claw or ignore.
phong
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your verbage much much better than mine. I think "more appropriate" is pretty well self explanitory. <picard>Make it so!</picard>
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: