View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rawler
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Shared clipboard Reply with quote

Does somebody know about any application or other way to share the XFree86 clipboard between two machines over the network?

My problem is i'm running licq separatly on a machine equipped with a very small screen and i often want to look at the links sent to me on my larger screen connected to another machine.

Any ideas, anyone?
dbacon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Shared clipboard Reply with quote

rawler wrote:
Does somebody know about any application or other way to share the XFree86 clipboard between two machines over the network?

My problem is i'm running licq separatly on a machine equipped with a very small screen and i often want to look at the links sent to me on my larger screen connected to another machine.

Any ideas, anyone?

Have you ever used 'x2x' ? For a long time, I've used this to make two machines use 1 keyboard and mouse (arguably better than XINERAMA). Here's what I use:
Code:
x2x -to celery:0 -from :0 -west

Then if I move the mouse off the left side of the desktop, it shows up on celery. X cut & paste work through this method too.
rawler
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Shared Clipboard Reply with quote

Thanks for the idea.
I've tried x2x now, and works great for using only one keyboard on two screens. However the shared cut n' paste features works only sporadically.
Any ideas?
dbacon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Shared Clipboard Reply with quote

rawler wrote:
Thanks for the idea.
I've tried x2x now, and works great for using only one keyboard on two screens. However the shared cut n' paste features works only sporadically.
Any ideas?

Sadly, I've noticed the same thing, but it works most of the time for me, so I'm not bothered by it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: