Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Emerge kde 3.1_rc1 fails on dockbook !!!!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anil_et
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:18 am    Post subject: Emerge kde 3.1_rc1 fails on dockbook !!!! Reply with quote

Hallo,

While emerging the kde 3.1_rc1 every package except kdelibs fails on some error on docbook
it says
"index.docboob:822:error:Entity 'underGPL' not defined &underGPL;
"index.docboob:812:validity error: No declaration for element chapter </chapter>

"index.docboob:812:validity error: No declaration for element book </book>
etc.....

Pls help to solve this
Thanks in advance
Anil
heliosc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Emerge kde 3.1_rc1 fails on dockbook !!!! Reply with quote

There is a dependency between KDE's docbook parser and libxml2 and libxslt that's not exposed in the ebuild. Make sure to emerge libxml2 and libxsl2 first, then emerging kdelibs then emerging kdebase. If you've already emerged kdelibs and don't feel like recompiling, unpack the kdelibs source, go to the kdoctools directory, and type make. It'll complain about missing certain libraries (I think libkio.la is the only one) so symlink the already built library from /usr/kde/3.1/lib to the appropriate directory (eg. /<source-path>/kio/ for libkio.la).
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Emerge kde 3.1_rc1 fails on dockbook !!!! Reply with quote

heliosc wrote:
There is a dependency between KDE's docbook parser and libxml2 and libxslt that's not exposed in the ebuild. Make sure to emerge libxml2 and libxsl2 first, then emerging kdelibs then emerging kdebase. If you've already emerged kdelibs and don't feel like recompiling, unpack the kdelibs source, go to the kdoctools directory, and type make. It'll complain about missing certain libraries (I think libkio.la is the only one) so symlink the already built library from /usr/kde/3.1/lib to the appropriate directory (eg. /<source-path>/kio/ for libkio.la).

This is quite odd actually. I was having the same docs problem as anil_et. I verified my libxml2 and libxslt installations and versions. Tried re-emerging kdelibs with no success. Kdebase still crapped out on the docs. However, following your suggestions, I tried compiling kdoctools by hand and that solved the problem. Very odd, but a happy ending....
anil_et
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
As you told I uncompressed the kdelibs and in the kdoctools directory typed "make" only to get an error ***No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop
How to compile?
Anil
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anil_et wrote:
Hi there
As you told I uncompressed the kdelibs and in the kdoctools directory typed "make" only to get an error ***No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop
How to compile?
Anil

you have to run ./configure in your kdelibs-3.0.9 directory first... that will generate your makefiles....
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: