View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NiGHTSFTP
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Gentoo's default KDE theme? (Im a noob) Reply with quote

Firstly, I'm unsure as to whether or not this should be in the n00b forum (I'm using my old celery comp w/w2k, till I get a new ps for my athlon.. then I will be using Gentoo on it.. so, am I in a position to be asking? Sure, why not.)

Anyway.

I was wondering.. does Gentoo use the standard KDE build for Gentoo, or does it have any customizations.

Also, would it be in any way possible to get Liquid to be the default theme for Gentoo's ebuild/version of KDE? (Especially the new 0.9.6 thats coming out.. the comparison screenshots between new and old @ mosfet are kewl.)

Come on, Liquid wipes the floor with Keramik.
reves
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an ebuild aviailable for the Liquid theme. When you first start KDE it will give you the wizard and the only options for the themes are the built in ones, but of course you can change that once your in KDE.
phong
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, considering the number of people who are upset with distros changing the default look of KDE, I think for Gentoo to change the _default_ style would be a Bad Thing(tm). But being that there's an ebuild for liquid, it's not to hard to change...

Also, I like Keramik. It's not as fast as liquid unfortunately, but sometimes I get tired of aquaish widgets... Of course, I get tired of rounded windows too... Usually a switch back and forth a couple times a week. :P
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: