dhcp network setup problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twood
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: dhcp network setup problems Reply with quote

Howdy.

I have a problem getting linux to see the dhcp network I'm on during install time. I'm running a PIII-450 w/ 640MB RAM on a cable modem. The network card in my system is an Allied Telesyn AT-2400 (it's a NE2000 clone).

When I run net-setup eth0, I get a message stating "cat: eth0.NS: No such file or directory". ifconfig doesn't report UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST but instead has NOTRAILERS in the message. Anyone know of any way to get this to work?

The really funny thing is this was a second attempt at an install. On the first attempt I got a lot farther along - I just goofed on the first attempt and wanted to do everything over again.

Thanks.
P-Nuts
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: dhcp network setup problems Reply with quote

twood wrote:
Howdy.
I have a problem getting linux to see the dhcp network I'm on during install time.
When I run net-setup eth0, I get a message stating "cat: eth0.NS: No such file or directory". ifconfig doesn't report UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST but instead has NOTRAILERS in the message. Anyone know of any way to get this to work?

I had similar problems. I just typed dhcpcd eth0 and missed out the whole net-setup bit entirely.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: