Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
About this forum
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:08 am    Post subject: About this forum Reply with quote

What threads are in here?
All of the threads in this forum cover content that is available in other places in other forums.

Why can't I post new threads in here?
There's no need to post new threads in this forum.

Why can't I post to existing threads in here?
Every thread in here should have a pointer to an unlocked thread elsewhere in the forums. Usually this will be in the last post of the thread. Please post any followup messages that you would want to post to a thread in here to the active thread instead.

If you see a thread in here that does not have an active unlocked followup thread, please let a moderator know by sending them a private message, or post a message to this revolving thread. The moderators will try to either change the pointer or unlock the thread that was pointed to.

There's a thread in here that doesn't belong! It's not really a duplicate!
That's certainly possible. Moderators make mistakes. Please send a private message to a moderator, with a link to the thread and a brief explanation of why you think it is different than the followup thread that it links to. We will be glad to discuss the issue with you.

There's a thread out there in the other forums that belongs in here. What should I do?
As before, if you notice duplicate threads, please post links to existing threads in them. Moderators appreciate this - maybe we wouldn't be able to find those links on our own, or as quickly as you can. We can use your posts as links in here as well. Feel free to send moderators private messages suggesting that threads may be candidates for moving to this forum.

I have some other comments or questions about this forum. What should I do?
Please post comments, questions, suggestions, and any other feedback regarding this forum to Duplicates forum?, in Gentoo Forums Feedback.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: