View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billethius
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: A few fluxbox questions... Reply with quote

When logging in as any other user than root, my background does not show up using this command in the /home/billy/.fluxbox/init file:

session.screen0.rootCommand: bsetbg -f ~/.fluxbox/backgrounds/lake.jpg

That same command however, works fine if I log in under root. I tried putting the backgrounds folder into my home .fluxbox directory, but that did not work either. Any ideas on this one?

Also, I like to play mp3's off of my windows partition, so I su to root and then mount the partition, but when I start xmms using the menu I cannot see what is mounted for some reason. The only way that I can get it to work is if I start xmms from Eterm.

Thanks,
Billy
3Kirt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure the backgrounds are in your home directory and not root's? If you moved them to ~/.fluxbox/backgrounds as root then they'll be in /root/.fluxbox/backgrounds. Also check to see if you have read permission on the files if you moved them over as root.

"chown yourname *" should fix that.

As for your xmms problem, i'm not really sure what you mean...

l8r,
KIRT
timbo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have your backgrounds etc in ~/.fluxbox/backgrounds it should work, as 3Kirt said make sure your permissions are correct.

For your xmms thing just make sure in your /etc/fstab file that you have your windows partition where your mp3's are set up something like'

/dev/hd?? /mnt/music auto noatime,noauto,users

Make sure you have a /mnt/music set up and change the /dev/hd?? fr whereever your mp3's are. This is how I've set up my machine and all I do is mount /mnt/music via gkrellm or something like that and then hit play on xmms.

Regards
Tim
8)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: