Image Printing Software
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grj
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Image Printing Software Reply with quote

Does anyone know of an image printing app that can print multiple images on the same sheet of paper. In win??? I used Canon Photo Home. It can print multiple copies of the same image or a single copy of multiple images. The number of images depended on the size of each image. The sized range from wallet size to 8x10. This is the only app keeping me from being a win???less box. Please help...

Thanks,

GRJ
Malakin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this question asked a number of times over the years and I've never seen an answer.
Abandon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used it for images but I wonder if psnup might do the trick here. You could print the images 1 per page to a postscript file and use psnup to convert the file to have 4, 6, 8 logical pages per physical page printed. I've used this to conserve paper and time when printing large documents. The conversion isn't always perfect but it might be worth a try.

P.S. You'll probably have to play with paper sizes in the original file and the result to prevent the images from being scaled.
jean-michel
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: I use Open Office Reply with quote

There are probably more elegant ways to do this, but when printing photographs I often import them (jpegs usually, as that is the format my digital camera uses) into an Open Office document. I generally print two photos per page that way, along with a small caption identifying what the photo is.
Abandon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think either will work and could be scripted to automatically generate proof sheet. It's just a matter of what you know.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: