Sun JDK ebuild out of date issues..
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strife
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Sun JDK ebuild out of date issues.. Reply with quote

The 1.4 e-build script is out of date because you can only download the 1.4.0-01 JDK.

I've tried re-naming the .bin, and changing the filename listed in the ebuild and neither appear to allow Gentoo to install the sun jdk. Any ideas?

A better question would be is how do you specify an alternate JDK? Where does Gentoo magically decide "since there are 3 of them we can install I choose the latest". The /usr/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk directory doesn't seem to have a file that says latest=" "
ViceClown
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true. I wanted to install the new SDK (40 megs!?!?) but there isn't an ebuild for it. Any word? I went with Blackdown for now to make php happy...
lamer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: submit a bug report Reply with quote

https://bugs.gentoo.org
lain iwakura
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's fixed, if you haven't tried it yet again. :D

update hmm, it installs but not not correctly for me. it doesn't install the files correctly to the /opt/ dir. back to bugs.gentoo.org, i guess.

(temp fix - after emerging, run the j2sdk bin and then copy the dirs over to the /opt/sun-jdk-1.4.0/ dir.)
Saphlyx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: New Ebuild Reply with quote

Hiya. I have submitted a new ebuild for this (with a fix from José Fonseca for mozilla stuff) and have submitted it. However it has not yet made it through to the emerge system yet.

The new files are attached to bug #3554 if you would like to get them and install the emerge files manually. You need the files attached to the bug report with the given names:

* new sun-jdk-1.4.0.01.ebuild - fixes java plugin installation
* sun-jdk-1.4.0.01 settings for java-config

Steve
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: