Codeweaver's Crossover Plugin and Gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swingarm
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: Codeweaver's Crossover Plugin and Gentoo Reply with quote

First of all I have Gentoo 1.4rc1 running a Blackbox Window Manager with Mozilla 1.01. I installed Codeweaver's Crossover plugin(version 1.1.3) last night and have a problem. The Crossover Plugin only works in when I login as 'root' not as a user. I've tried changing some Group permissions and using sudo but I still can't get it to work. In the Mozilla 'about' page it says the proper libraries are there but they can't load. I know it's probably something simple but I don't know what.
HotShotDJ
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the very same problem when I installed the Crossover plugins as root. It works just fine when I install as a regular user, but when I do it as root, while Mozilla "sees" the plugins, it says they cannot be loaded.

Rather than mucking around with it, I just installed in my regular user account and was done with it. (although I still can't get Windows Media Player plugin to work... but I really don't care about that one).

I know this doesn't really answer your question... but at least you know you're not alone. :)
swingarm
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the minute you suggested that I remembered that from a while back. Maybe I should've wrote that down. Anyways, that got the Crossover Plugin to work(except for sound from the Windows Media Player-Codeweavers said the next release will have totally rebuilt sound.) but I still can't login to my Fantasy Sports Teams on ESPN via a user(no problem when I'm root), I knew that the MSN affilation with ESPN.com would screw things up.
kaplan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the codeweavers FAQ:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/crossover/faq.php

In particular...

6.1.1.18. The plugins work fine as root, but they don't work in the other accounts.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: