emerge ltmodem broke with 2.4.20-gentoo-r8 kernel & Soun
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximalred
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: emerge ltmodem broke with 2.4.20-gentoo-r8 kernel & Soun Reply with quote

2.4.2-gentoo-r8

emerge Ltmodem compile broken with 2.4.20-gentoo-r8
it work ok with r6 also r6 modules still running under r8 but patch for r8 was r5 whats up with the New r8 being a patch of r5 ?

emerge ltmodem work with 2.4.20-gentoo-r6
and 2.4.20-gentoo-r6 modules stil being used under r8 version ? whats going on will their be a fix for the Lucent win modem driver update that updates don't break things like this?

also I have one more hardware question , how do you disable the drivers for a build in sound card if you are using a sound blaster live! type , I disable the build in sound card driver in the bios after I installed the linux verion , I need to disable the build in one because it cause the Sound blaster live! sound support to not play sound with the other driver their, how do I fix this without reinstall linux now?

another question I have a bit off topic for a hardware question but when you do a emerge sync command to get the source portage stuff , How do you know which one is updated the most and which one has the most apps type stuff and is not outdated portage from a emerge sync?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: