View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xcasex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am I the only one having problems emerging galeon and epiphany, both regular and the bmg ebuilds produce this orbit error.

Code:
(cd .libs && rm -f libephybookmarks.la && ln -s ../libephybookmarks.la libephybookmarks.la)
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/epiphany-0.6.1/work/epiphany-0.6.1/src/bookmarks'
make[4]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/epiphany-0.6.1/work/epiphany-0.6.1/src'
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../embed -I../lib -I../lib/egg -I../lib/widgets -I../lib/toolbar -I../src/bookmarks -Wall -Wunused -Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Wsign-promo -Wno-sign-compare -Werror  -DORBIT2=1 -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnome-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0 -I/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/include/libbonoboui-2.0 -I/usr/include/orbit-2.0 -I/usr/include/libbonobo-2.0 -I/usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/include -I/usr/include/bonobo-activation-2.0 -I/usr/include/libglade-2.0 -I/usr/include/gnome-vfs-module-2.0 -I/usr/include/eel-2 -I/usr/include/gail-1.0   -DSHARE_DIR=\"/usr/share/epiphany\" -DDATADIR=\""/usr/share"\" -DPIXMAP_DIR=\""/usr/share/pixmaps"\" -DGNOMELOCALEDIR=\""/usr/share/locale"\" -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED    -Os -march=pentium3 -pipe -mfpmath=sse  -MT EphyAutomation-common.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/EphyAutomation-common.Tpo" \
  -c -o EphyAutomation-common.o `test -f 'EphyAutomation-common.c' || echo './'`EphyAutomation-common.c; \
then mv ".deps/EphyAutomation-common.Tpo" ".deps/EphyAutomation-common.Po"; \
else rm -f ".deps/EphyAutomation-common.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi
In file included from /usr/include/orbit-2.0/orbit/orb-core/orb-core-types.h:16,
                 from /usr/include/orbit-2.0/orbit/orbit-types.h:8,
                 from EphyAutomation.h:9,
                 from EphyAutomation-common.c:9:
/usr/include/orbit-2.0/orbit/orb-core/corba-defs.h:8:1: "ORBIT_IDL_SERIAL" redefined
In file included from EphyAutomation-common.c:9:
EphyAutomation.h:8:1: this is the location of the previous definition
make[4]: *** [EphyAutomation-common.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/epiphany-0.6.1/work/epiphany-0.6.1/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/epiphany-0.6.1/work/epiphany-0.6.1/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/epiphany-0.6.1/work/epiphany-0.6.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/epiphany-0.6.1/work/epiphany-0.6.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: net-www/epiphany-0.6.1 failed.
!!! Function gnome2_src_compile, Line 41, Exitcode 2
!!! compile failure

edit: oh and this is with the 2.3.3 bmg ebuilds
G-LiTe`
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin_Matt wrote:
Yea... Overall Gnome is a rock right now... Development or not, I'm having very few problems... Pretty much the only show-stoppers have been with the new version of gtk+ and ORBit... Otherwise things are running a lot smoother than I would have expected (despite my best efforts). Can't get gpdf 0.103 to compile, but that's no biggie anyway. Overall the desktop is faster/more responsive and I'm really looking forward to 2.4.

Yep, pretty stable. 2.4 is going to own KDE if you ask me. ;) I'm hooked to Nuvola. ;)

Lin_Matt wrote:
G-Lite`
If you comment that block out of the include, gpdf will go a bit further... It craps later on a makefile goof tho...

Weird. The logical result of removing includes is usually more compile errors. :D

Lin_Matt wrote:
BTW lovechild... That's a really witty and insightful sig there... ;)

lol :lol:
Narada
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work folks. Now, I have not seen any screenshots as yet on this thread. If you are using the latest gnome release would you kindly post a couple of screenshots each so that the rest can indulge in the fantasy prior to compilation or breaking their gentoo? Many thanks.
xcasex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narada wrote:
Great work folks. Now, I have not seen any screenshots as yet on this thread. If you are using the latest gnome release would you kindly post a couple of screenshots each so that the rest can indulge in the fantasy prior to compilation or breaking their gentoo? Many thanks.

sure there you go
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narada wrote:

Screenshots of these releases would be bogus - you can make GNOME look like a million bucks or crap regardless of the version. Wait untill Mark Finlay's (sisob) movement gets going and gets some stuff in the release.

lin-matt . if you would be so kind as to remove our special splash from gnome-session as Jeff Waugh did a new 2.3 splash in this release, to indicate development versions - it's quite nice actually.
ghetto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, i want to try the new gnome-2.3.3 but im a bit nervous after what happened to my comp the last time i tried it, and i just finished getting gnome-2.3.2 back into a usable state.

hmm... maybe I'll just stay one version behind current and thus hopefully have some measure of security.

..enless someone can convince me otherwise :twisted:
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, GTK+ 2.2.2 is just evil... I hate it very much.
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, it's been awhile since I've posted a screenshot anyways so this is what GNOME 2.3.3 looks like on my machine.

Ximian Industrial GTK2 and Metacity themes, the icons are Ximian South. Background is also from Ximian, called Flowerpower I think.

Not doing anything useful right now and as you can see I still lack a few apps - I haven't gotten around to compiling a working version of Evolution 1.4 yet fx.
karl11
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovechild,
First off, thanks for the recognition. Secondly, could you post a screenshot of the 2.3.3 development splash screen? Matt and I currently believe that it's a bit misleading to put either a Gentoo or an official gnome splash screen into the package. It's a breakmygentoo version of gnome, complete with a lot of patches we've collected that you just won't find all together in the same place. As a result, using the default gnome splash could be misleading. I would still like to see it. I've also done two concept splash screens for a Breakmygentoo Gnome Splash to signify that you are running our unique version of the devel builds. You will find both of them at:

http://www.breakmygentoo.net/ebuilds/gnomeart/

They are very obviously labeled. One is a play on my noia splash screen, and the other is just a quick throw together with barry the cow and the breakmygentoo text and a simple gnome foot. I personally like the play on the noia splash screen, but then again, I love that splash :)

Feedback is appreciated, but we do find it very misleading to put either a gentoo gnome splash or an official devel splash as we're so heavily patched :)

Karl
ghetto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... eye candy..
ghetto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl11 wrote:
Lovechild,
First off, thanks for the recognition. Secondly, could you post a screenshot of the 2.3.3 development splash screen? Matt and I currently believe that it's a bit misleading to put either a Gentoo or an official gnome splash screen into the package. It's a breakmygentoo version of gnome, complete with a lot of patches we've collected that you just won't find all together in the same place. As a result, using the default gnome splash could be misleading. I would still like to see it. I've also done two concept splash screens for a Breakmygentoo Gnome Splash to signify that you are running our unique version of the devel builds. You will find both of them at:

http://www.breakmygentoo.net/ebuilds/gnomeart/

They are very obviously labeled. One is a play on my noia splash screen, and the other is just a quick throw together with barry the cow and the breakmygentoo text and a simple gnome foot. I personally like the play on the noia splash screen, but then again, I love that splash :)

Feedback is appreciated, but we do find it very misleading to put either a gentoo gnome splash or an official devel splash as we're so heavily patched :)

Karl

Ok, as can often happen: maybe i missed something.

But who exactly is being mislead? And what exactly is it they are thinking in place of what they *should* be thinking?

Do people downloading experimental ebuilds from a site called BREAK-MY-GENTOO with big vicious warnings all over about BREAK and DEATH and etc, do they think that this is some official gnome project? Or even an official Gentoo project? Common, is anyone fooled? Be honest.

And on a personal note, i *personally* dont like it when people start messing with splash screens. As far as Im concerened: if you didnt write the software then dont touch the authors splash screens, i dont care how much anyone patches it, enless they wrote the main program (or are a major contributor to the code) then they dont get to play with the splash.

Let the user customize the splash on their own if they wish to.
Sorry, thats just what I think, you're welcome to think differently of course.
spendabuck
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narada wrote:

here is my simple desktop http://pageone.pointclark.net:199/screenshot.png
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our splashscreen should include the text "Things that go boom in the night"
karl11
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovechild ..... That's great....things that go boom in the night....the noia splash is suited for that at the bottom of it.....lol...
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl11 wrote:
Lovechild ..... That's great....things that go boom in the night....the noia splash is suited for that at the bottom of it.....lol...

I was thinking more of a picture of a certain president... but I'm guessing the Noia one is good to.
karl11
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...making socio-political statements in computers I find only brings division...that's why I avoid stating my political standpoint in these forums or anywhere on the web. But let's get this thread back on topic...it's starting to drift off-topic fast

Karl
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl11 wrote:
yeah...making socio-political statements in computers I find only brings division...that's why I avoid stating my political standpoint in these forums or anywhere on the web. But let's get this thread back on topic...it's starting to drift off-topic fast

Karl

you are probably right... he does have appealing aspects as well though - I like the medi-care reform, it's not enough but it has useful aspects in other areas like patents so I find that very interesting.

Anyways to see the new gnome splash just recompile gnome-session with the splash part of the ebuild commented out - I won't bother with uploading something to my ftp right now.
ghetto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard of an interesting patch that you guy might want to consider for inclusion with nautilus-2.3.3

The multiple root patch

It allows the user to have multiple root in tree view, so for example a tree view that starts at their home dir as opposed to '/'

There is also this patch which modify's the tree view so that it follows whats actually happening in the main window.

Both patches are by Jürg Billeter.

Thanks Jürg :)
filo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it seems that my apps just wont work with gtk-2.2.2 installed. Nautilus starts up and draws the desktop fine, but when i start the file manager, it crashes immediately. Also gftp doesn't work. And i'm sure there are more... I've reverted back to 2.2.1, which seems to work like a charm
segflaunt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: For all those with stderr and FILE undeclared, IT'S SOLVED!! Reply with quote

Anyway,
    ORBit2-2.7.1-r1 + libbonobo-2.3.1-r1 == :D
    ORBit2-2.7.2 + libbonobo-2.3.1-r1 == :cry: stderr undeclared!
Now, Lovechild, and anyone else who's had the FILE undeclared problem or the stderr problem, bump your ORBit2 down to the 2.7.1-r1 rev, and see these problems go away.

/usr/include/orbit-2.0/orbit/GIOP/giop-recv-buffer.h includes <stdio.h>, and in fact, that's where those defines get pulled in from when compiling this failing stuff. I checked with strace, believe me.

The issue is a either a huge reorg in the way ORBit2 includes are, or a packaging mistake. I don't have a patch to fix it, as it seems to be a really ugly problem. Does someone have the expertise to fix the problem I found? Or, maybe have friends in the GNOME world? sisob?
segflaunt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: For all those with stderr and FILE undeclared, IT'S SOLV Reply with quote

Or, I suppose you can just insert #include <sdtio.h> somewhere.

segflaunt wrote:
Anyway,
    ORBit2-2.7.1-r1 + libbonobo-2.3.1-r1 == :D
    ORBit2-2.7.2 + libbonobo-2.3.1-r1 == :cry: stderr undeclared!
Now, Lovechild, and anyone else who's had the FILE undeclared problem or the stderr problem, bump your ORBit2 down to the 2.7.1-r1 rev, and see these problems go away.
segflaunt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: For all those with stderr and FILE undeclared, IT'S SOLV Reply with quote

I should have noted that /usr/include/orbit-2.0/orbit/GIOP does not even exist on ORBit2-2.7.2-r1 from breakmy. Big include reorg in ORBit2 maybe?

The first major difference in the critical path to including stdio.h is
    -/usr/include/orbit-2.0/orbit/orb-core/orb-core.h
    +/usr/include/orbit-2.0/orbit/GIOP/giop.h
where now in 2.7.2 <orb-core/orb-core.h> gets included instead of <GIOP/giop.h> due to the
    #ifdef ORBIT2_INTERNAL_API
    # include <orbit/GIOP/giop.h>
    #endif
in <orbit/orbit.h>. find /usr/include | grep GIOP shows nothing. To me, this is a major problem. Whose up for getting wasted and beating up some gnomes?

segflaunt wrote:
/usr/include/orbit-2.0/orbit/GIOP/giop-recv-buffer.h includes <stdio.h>, and in fact, that's where those defines get pulled in from when compiling this failing stuff.
segflaunt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s/Whose/Who's/

it's late.
silverter
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got two issues bugging me at the moment with gnome-2.3.3-r2...

1- I can't seem to be able to edit my icons properties... it crashes nautilus when I click on the icon on the desktop to set the emblems. I have gnome-extra-themes installed and was playing with it...

2- my nautilus-media does not show .mp3 files in view-as-Audio mode in nautilus... anyone knows what might be causing this misbehaviour?

thanks and regards,
thinair
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got the same two problems as silverter with the latest gnome-2.3.3-r2

thanx for your great job at breakmygentoo.net
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 10 of 18

Jump to: