View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlanza
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: kde digital camera pereripherals question Reply with quote

I just emerged kde 3.3 and i went in to control center and found a digital camera section in the peripherals. I have a canon s200 which i configured and ran a successful test. My question is were the heck to i get to my pictures from now that the device is set up?
Sipi
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either launch Konqueror, and type camera:/ in the URL line, or emerge digikam (and digikamplugins) to have a nice and useful digikamera tool.

With first one, you can use your digikam as a normal device, will see a filesystem with pictures. With Digikam, you will see your photos, and you can manage them easily.

Sipi
zerojay
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera kioslave is excellent for this purpose. Nice being able to drag and drop your photos from the camera:/ window directly onto a Kopete message window to send an image to a friend.
Bob P
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's funny. i'm running kde 3.3.2 and i'm looking at my peripherals in the control center and i don't find digital camera support. is digital camera support part of kdemultimedia? i just want to be sure that i have the right libraries emerged.

beyond getting the right kde libraries, and supporting usb in the kernel, is there anything else that's necessary to emerge?

thx.
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob P wrote:
that's funny. i'm running kde 3.3.2 and i'm looking at my peripherals in the control center and i don't find digital camera support. is digital camera support part of kdemultimedia? i just want to be sure that i have the right libraries emerged.

beyond getting the right kde libraries, and supporting usb in the kernel, is there anything else that's necessary to emerge?

thx.

try the "gphoto2" use flag?

u could add it and try
Code:
emerge --newuse -av world

zerojay
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gphoto2 USE flag is required for KDE to compile the digital camera support.
Bob P
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple of questions: which library will get recompiled? i've done a pretend emerge of KDE with the verbose parameter, and the USE flag you've mentioned appears to be undocumented.
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob P wrote:
a couple of questions: which library will get recompiled? i've done a pretend emerge of KDE with the verbose parameter, and the USE flag you've mentioned appears to be undocumented.

not sure what libraries, but you should definately add it to your USE flags.

from http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml :
Quote:
gphoto2 Adds digital camera support

try
Code:
USE="gphoto2" emerge -av digikam
too, that should give u the files you need, but if u want camera:/ under konqueror, you'll need to recompile kde with the gphoto2 flag.

and the "--newuse" option with emerge should do all packages that need the gphoto2 USE flag
zerojay
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taskara wrote:
Bob P wrote:

not sure what libraries, but you should definately add it to your USE flags.

from http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml :
Quote:
gphoto2 Adds digital camera support

try
Code:
USE="gphoto2" emerge -av digikam
too, that should give u the files you need, but if u want camera:/ under konqueror, you'll need to recompile kde with the gphoto2 flag.

and the "--newuse" option with emerge should do all packages that need the gphoto2 USE flag

camera:/ requires recompilation of kdegraphics, not all of KDE. The 3.4 split ebuilds makes stuff like this easy, only recompiling exactly what's needed.
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, I suggested to "re-emerge KDE with the --newuse flag" by using emerge --newuse -av world, not the whole of kde.

--newuse should look at all the packages in the world list (including all of kde) see what supports the new flag (gphoto2) and re-compile it, and only it.

I was not suggesting to re-compile the whole of kde, although I admit I did not know which package was needed exactly.
Matteo Azzali
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not needed to compile kdegraphics.
With only kdebase and gphoto2 flag and a
#emerge -uD --newuse world
I can see my camera as an usbpen (/dev/sda1 ) filled with my photos.

(and I'm not sure gphoto is needed at all)
zerojay
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matteo Azzali wrote:

kdebase doesn't support the gphoto2 use flag. The only ebuild in all of KDE that supports it is kdegraphics.
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matteo Azzali wrote:

of course you can see that, because you are accessing it as a usb scsi harddrive device.

can you do this under kde?

camera:/

I doubt it.

You only need kdegraphics with gphoto2 use flag if u wanna access camera:/ under konqueror.

otherwise yes you could just access it directly through the usb scsi device emulation.
Bob P
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i emerged the packages, and installed about 8 packages in total. the final package, digikam-0.7.1, crapped out. aargh.

here's a rather lengthy set of errors:

Code:
if test "$ret" = 0; then echo '#include "firstrunUI.moc"' >> firstrunUI.cpp; else rm -f firstrunUI.cpp ; exit $ret ; fi
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../digikam/sqlite -I../../digikam/libs/guibuilder -I../../digikam/libs/histogram -I../../digikam/libs/levels -I../../digikam/libs/curves -I../../digikam/libs/themeengine -I../../digikam/libs/widgets -I../../digikam/utilities/cameragui -I../../digikam/utilities/imageeditor -I../../digikam/utilities/splashscreen -I../../digikam/utilities/setup -I../../digikam/   -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include   -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -O3 -pipe-march=pentium3 -pipe -mtune=pentium3 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE  -c -o firstrunUI.lo `test -f 'firstrunUI.cpp' || echo './'`firstrunUI.cpp
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -O3 -pipe -march=pentium3 -pipe -mtune=pentium3 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE    -o libdigikam.la -rpath /usr/lib -L/usr/kde/3.3/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--enable-new-dtags  -R /usr/kde/3.3/lib -R /usr/qt/3/lib -R /usr/lib -no-undefined -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined albummanager.lo album.lo albumitemhandler.lo albumdb.lo albumlister.lo albumfilecopymove.lo thumbnailjob.lo dragobjects.lo listview.lo listitem.lo thumbview.lo thumbitem.lo digikamapp.lo digikamview.lo albumfolderview.lo albumfolderitem.lo albumiconview.lo albumiconitem.lo albumpropsedit.lo imagedescedit.lo albumsettings.lo imageproperties.lo imagepropertiesgeneral.lo imagepropertiesexif.lo imagepropertieshistogram.lo cameralist.locameratype.lo cameradragobject.lo digikamfirstrun.lo kipiinterface.lo tagcreatedlg.lo thumbdb.lo albumfiletip.lo digikamio.lo busyprogressbar.lo tagspopupmenu.lo syncjob.lo albumhistory.lo firstrunUI.lo -lqt-mt  -lz -lpng -lz -lm -lXext -lX11  -lSM -lICE -lpthread -lkdecore -lkdeui  -lkio -lgdbm -lkexif   -lkipi   ../../digikam/sqlite/libsqlite.la ../../digikam/libs/guibuilder/libguibuilder.la ../../digikam/libs/histogram/libhistogram.la ../../digikam/libs/levels/liblevels.la ../../digikam/libs/curves/libcurves.la ../../digikam/libs/themeengine/libthemeengine.la ../../digikam/libs/widgets/libwidgets.la ../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/libcameragui.la ../../digikam/utilities/imageeditor/libimagecanvas.la ../../digikam/utilities/imageeditor/libimageeditor.la ../../digikam/utilities/splashscreen/libsplashscreen.la ../../digikam/utilities/setup/libsetup.la
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x1cc1): In function `DigikamApp::slotSetupCamera()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::pluginList()'
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x1e0e): In function `DigikamApp::slotSetup()':
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x2073): In function `DigikamApp::loadPlugins()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::PluginLoader(QStringList const&, KIPI::Interface*)'
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x20ad): In function `DigikamApp::loadPlugins()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::loadPlugins()'
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x6932): In function `DigikamApp::slotEditKeys()':
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x696b): In function `DigikamApp::slotEditKeys()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::Info::plugin() const'
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x6986): In function `DigikamApp::slotEditKeys()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::Info::comment() const'
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x6997): In function `DigikamApp::slotEditKeys()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Plugin::actionCollection(QWidget*)'
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x6db0): In function `DigikamApp::slotKipiPluginPlug()':
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x6df1): In function `DigikamApp::slotKipiPluginPlug()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::Info::plugin() const'
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x6e05): In function `DigikamApp::slotKipiPluginPlug()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::Info::shouldLoad() const'
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x7101): In function `DigikamApp::slotKipiPluginPlug()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Plugin::actions(QWidget*)'
.libs/digikamapp.o(.text+0x719b): In function `DigikamApp::slotKipiPluginPlug()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Plugin::actionCollection(QWidget*)'
.libs/albumiconview.o(.text+0x7521): In function `AlbumIconView::slotSetExifOrientation(int)':
: undefined reference to `KExifUtils::writeOrientation(QString const&, KExifData::ImageOrientation)'
.libs/imagepropertiesexif.o(.text+0xb6): In function `ImagePropertiesEXIF::slotLevelChanged(int)':
: undefined reference to `KExifWidget::setMode(KExifWidget::Mode)'
.libs/imagepropertiesexif.o(.text+0xda): In function `ImagePropertiesEXIF::slotLevelChanged(int)':
: undefined reference to `KExifWidget::setMode(KExifWidget::Mode)'
.libs/imagepropertiesexif.o(.text+0xbc4): In function `ImagePropertiesEXIF::ImagePropertiesEXIF(QWidget*)':
: undefined reference to `KExifWidget::KExifWidget(QWidget*, char const*)'
.libs/imagepropertiesexif.o(.text+0x1084): In function `ImagePropertiesEXIF::ImagePropertiesEXIF(QWidget*)':
: undefined reference to `KExifWidget::KExifWidget(QWidget*, char const*)'
.libs/imagepropertiesexif.o(.text+0x1400): In function `ImagePropertiesEXIF::setCurrentURL(KURL const&)':
: undefined reference to `KExifWidget::getCurrentItemName() const'
.libs/imagepropertiesexif.o(.text+0x1473): In function `ImagePropertiesEXIF::setCurrentURL(KURL const&)':
: undefined reference to `KExifWidget::loadFile(QString const&)'
.libs/imagepropertiesexif.o(.text+0x14ae): In function `ImagePropertiesEXIF::setCurrentURL(KURL const&)':
: undefined reference to `KExifWidget::setCurrentItem(QString const&)'
.libs/imagepropertiesexif.o(.text+0x14eb): In function `ImagePropertiesEXIF::setCurrentURL(KURL const&)':
: undefined reference to `KExifWidget::getCurrentItemName() const'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x2c): In function `DigikamImageInfo::DigikamImageInfo(KIPI::Interface*, KURL const&)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageInfoShared::ImageInfoShared(KIPI::Interface*, KURL const&)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x7c): In function `DigikamImageInfo::DigikamImageInfo(KIPI::Interface*, KURL const&)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageInfoShared::ImageInfoShared(KIPI::Interface*, KURL const&)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0xb7): In function `DigikamImageInfo::~DigikamImageInfo()':
: undefined reference to `vtable for KIPI::ImageInfoShared'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0xe7): In function `DigikamImageInfo::~DigikamImageInfo()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x119): In function `DigikamImageInfo::~DigikamImageInfo()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x1647): In function `DigikamImageCollection::DigikamImageCollection(DigikamImageCollection::Type, Album*, QString const&)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageCollectionShared::ImageCollectionShared()'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x19f7): In function `DigikamImageCollection::DigikamImageCollection(DigikamImageCollection::Type, Album*, QString const&)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageCollectionShared::ImageCollectionShared()'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x1dd2): In function `DigikamImageCollection::~DigikamImageCollection()':
: undefined reference to `vtable for KIPI::ImageCollectionShared'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x1e42): In function `DigikamImageCollection::~DigikamImageCollection()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x1eb2): In function `DigikamImageCollection::~DigikamImageCollection()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x2d78): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::DigikamKipiInterface(QObject*, char const*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Interface::Interface(QObject*, char const*)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x2e18): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::DigikamKipiInterface(QObject*, char const*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Interface::Interface(QObject*, char const*)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x2eb4): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::~DigikamKipiInterface()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Interface::~Interface()'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x2ee4): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::~DigikamKipiInterface()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x2f19): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::~DigikamKipiInterface()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x2fac): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::currentAlbum()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageCollection::ImageCollection(KIPI::ImageCollectionShared*)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x2fef): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::currentAlbum()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageCollection::ImageCollection(KIPI::ImageCollectionShared*)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x308f): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::currentSelection()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x30df): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::currentSelection()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x3149): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::info(KURL const&)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageInfo::ImageInfo(KIPI::ImageInfoShared*)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x3b61): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::slotSelectionChanged(bool)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Interface::selectionChanged(bool)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x3b96): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::slotCurrentAlbumChanged(Album*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Interface::currentAlbumChanged(bool)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x4061): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::staticMetaObject()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Interface::staticMetaObject()'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x4124): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::qt_cast(char const*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Interface::qt_cast(char const*)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x4186): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::qt_invoke(int, QUObject*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Interface::qt_invoke(int, QUObject*)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x4207): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::qt_emit(int, QUObject*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Interface::qt_emit(int, QUObject*)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x424e): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::qt_property(int, int, QVariant*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::Interface::qt_property(int, int, QVariant*)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x5706): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::allAlbums()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x5754): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::allAlbums()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageCollection::~ImageCollection()'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x57a1): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::allAlbums()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.text+0x57e8): In function `DigikamKipiInterface::allAlbums()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTV16DigikamImageInfo+0x2c): undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageInfoShared::path()'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTV16DigikamImageInfo+0x30): undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageInfoShared::time(KIPI::TimeSpec)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTV16DigikamImageInfo+0x38): undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageInfoShared::isTimeExact()'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTV16DigikamImageInfo+0x3c): undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageInfoShared::size()'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTI16DigikamImageInfo+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KIPI::ImageInfoShared'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTV22DigikamImageCollection+0x38): undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageCollectionShared::operator==(KIPI::ImageCollectionShared&)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTI22DigikamImageCollection+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KIPI::ImageCollectionShared'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTI20DigikamKipiInterface+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KIPI::Interface'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN17QValueListPrivateIN4KIPI15ImageCollectionEEC1Ev+0x38): In function `QValueListPrivate<KIPI::ImageCollection>::QValueListPrivate()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageCollection::ImageCollection()'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN17QValueListPrivateIN4KIPI15ImageCollectionEED1Ev+0x2a): In function `QValueListPrivate<KIPI::ImageCollection>::~QValueListPrivate()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN17QValueListPrivateIN4KIPI15ImageCollectionEED1Ev+0x55): In function `QValueListPrivate<KIPI::ImageCollection>::~QValueListPrivate()':
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN17QValueListPrivateIN4KIPI15ImageCollectionEE6insertE18QValueListIteratorIS1_ERKS1_+0x3f): In function `QValueListPrivate<KIPI::ImageCollection>::insert(QValueListIterator<KIPI::ImageCollection>, KIPI::ImageCollection const&)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageCollection::ImageCollection(KIPI::ImageCollection const&)'
.libs/kipiinterface.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN17QValueListPrivateIN4KIPI15ImageCollectionEEC1ERKS2_+0x3b): In function `QValueListPrivate<KIPI::ImageCollection>::QValueListPrivate(QValueListPrivate<KIPI::ImageCollection> const&)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ImageCollection::ImageCollection()'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(cameracontroller.o)(.text+0x1dbe): In function `CameraController::slotProcessNext()':
: undefined reference to `KExifDialog::KExifDialog(QWidget*, char const*)'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(cameracontroller.o)(.text+0x1e5d): In function `CameraController::slotProcessNext()':
: undefined reference to `KExifDialog::loadFile(QString const&)'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(cameracontroller.o)(.text+0x1eff): In function `CameraController::slotProcessNext()':
: undefined reference to `KExifDialog::~KExifDialog()'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(cameracontroller.o)(.text+0x6ccc): In function `.L2747':
: undefined reference to `KExifDialog::KExifDialog(QWidget*, char const*)'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(cameracontroller.o)(.text+0x6cf2): In function `.L2747':
: undefined reference to `KExifDialog::loadData(QString const&, char*, int)'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(cameracontroller.o)(.text+0x6d0a): In function `.L2747':
: undefined reference to `KExifDialog::~KExifDialog()'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(umscamera.o)(.text+0xc28): In function `UMSCamera::getThumbnail(QString const&, QString const&, QImage&)':
: undefined reference to `KExifData::KExifData()'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(umscamera.o)(.text+0xcb9): In function `UMSCamera::getThumbnail(QString const&, QString const&, QImage&)':
: undefined reference to `KExifData::readFromFile(QString const&)'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(umscamera.o)(.text+0xd1d): In function `UMSCamera::getThumbnail(QString const&, QString const&, QImage&)':
: undefined reference to `KExifData::~KExifData()'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(umscamera.o)(.text+0xd3e): In function `UMSCamera::getThumbnail(QString const&, QString const&, QImage&)':
: undefined reference to `KExifData::getThumbnail() const'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(umscamera.o)(.text+0xd63): In function `UMSCamera::getThumbnail(QString const&, QString const&, QImage&)':
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(exifrotate.o)(.text+0x17c): In function `Digikam::exifRotate(QString const&)':
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(exifrotate.o)(.text+0x18e): In function `Digikam::exifRotate(QString const&)':
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(exifrotate.o)(.text+0x1bc): In function `Digikam::exifRotate(QString const&)':
: undefined reference to `KExifData::getImageOrientation() const'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(exifrotate.o)(.text+0x427): In function `.L47':
: undefined reference to `KExifUtils::writeOrientation(QString const&, KExifData::ImageOrientation)'
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(exifrotate.o)(.text+0x4ad): In function `.L47':
../../digikam/utilities/cameragui/.libs/libcameragui.a(exifrotate.o)(.text+0x52d): In function `.L47':
../../digikam/utilities/imageeditor/.libs/libimagecanvas.a(imlibinterface.o)(.text+0xbf2): In function `Digikam::ImlibInterface::exifRotate(QString const&)':
../../digikam/utilities/imageeditor/.libs/libimagecanvas.a(imlibinterface.o)(.text+0xc01): In function `Digikam::ImlibInterface::exifRotate(QString const&)':
../../digikam/utilities/imageeditor/.libs/libimagecanvas.a(imlibinterface.o)(.text+0xc1a): In function `Digikam::ImlibInterface::exifRotate(QString const&)':
: undefined reference to `KExifData::getImageOrientation() const'
../../digikam/utilities/imageeditor/.libs/libimagecanvas.a(imlibinterface.o)(.text+0xc60): In function `.L138':
../../digikam/utilities/imageeditor/.libs/libimageeditor.a(imagewindow.o)(.text+0x21f3): In function `ImageWindow::save()':
../../digikam/utilities/imageeditor/.libs/libimageeditor.a(imagewindow.o)(.text+0x3eac): In function `ImageWindow::slotSaveAs()':
../../digikam/utilities/setup/.libs/libsetup.a(setupplugins.o)(.text+0x231): In function `SetupPlugins::SetupPlugins(QWidget*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::instance()'
../../digikam/utilities/setup/.libs/libsetup.a(setupplugins.o)(.text+0x240): In function `SetupPlugins::SetupPlugins(QWidget*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::configWidget(QWidget*)'
../../digikam/utilities/setup/.libs/libsetup.a(setupplugins.o)(.text+0x4f1): In function `SetupPlugins::SetupPlugins(QWidget*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::instance()'
../../digikam/utilities/setup/.libs/libsetup.a(setupplugins.o)(.text+0x500): In function `SetupPlugins::SetupPlugins(QWidget*)':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::PluginLoader::configWidget(QWidget*)'
../../digikam/utilities/setup/.libs/libsetup.a(setupplugins.o)(.text+0x6fc): In function `SetupPlugins::applyPlugins()':
: undefined reference to `KIPI::ConfigWidget::apply()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libdigikam.la] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/digikam-0.7.1/work/digikam-0.7.1/digikam/digikam'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/digikam-0.7.1/work/digikam-0.7.1/digikam/digikam'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/digikam-0.7.1/work/digikam-0.7.1/digikam'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/digikam-0.7.1/work/digikam-0.7.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-gfx/digikam-0.7.1 failed.
!!! Function kde_src_compile, Line 142, Exitcode 2
!!! died running emake, kde_src_compile:make
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

and for reference:
Code:
Portage 2.0.51-r14 (default-linux/x86/2004.3, gcc-3.4.3, glibc-2.3.4.20041102-r0, 2.6.9-gentoo-r8 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.9-gentoo-r8 i686 Pentium III (Coppermine)
Gentoo Base System version 1.6.8
Python:              dev-lang/python-2.3.4 [2.3.4 (#1, Jan 19 2005, 06:19:15)]
dev-lang/python:     2.3.4
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.59-r6, 2.13
sys-devel/automake:  1.8.5-r2, 1.5, 1.4_p6, 1.6.3, 1.7.9, 1.9.4
sys-devel/binutils:  2.15.92.0.2-r2
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.10-r2
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.8.1-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CFLAGS=" -O3 -pipe -march=pentium3 -pipe -mtune=pentium3"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/2/share/config /usr/kde/3.3/env /usr/kde/3.3/share/config /usr/kde/3.3/shutdown /usr/kde/3/share/config /usr/lib/X11/xkb /usr/share/config /var/qmail/control"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/env.d"
CXXFLAGS=" -O3 -pipe -march=pentium3 -pipe -mtune=pentium3"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoaddcvs autoconfig candy ccache distlocks sandbox sfperms"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.netnitco.net http://gentoo.osuosl.org http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="x86 X aalib acpi alsa apm arts avi berkdb bitmap-fonts cdr crypt cups encode esd f77 fam flac font-server foomaticdb fortran gdbm gif gphoto2 gpm gtk2hal ide imagemagick imlib ipv6 ithreads java jpeg kde ldap libg++ libwww mad mikmod motif mpeg mysql ncurses nls nptl oggvorbis opengl oss pam pdf pdflib perl png posix pthreads python qt quicktime readline samba sdl slang snmp spell ssl svga tcpd tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts userlocales xine xinerama xml xml2 xmms xscreensaver xv zlib"
Unset:  ASFLAGS, CBUILD, CTARGET, LDFLAGS

fwiw, falling back to CFLAG -O2 doesn't help either. does anybody have an idea if i'm doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the ebuild?
zerojay
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're using gcc 3.4.3 so.. heh.. you're just asking for trouble. It apparently is missing a library that digikam is attempting to link to, kipi.
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compiled digikam 0.6.2 just fine yesterday on a pentium-3 laptop with gcc 3.4.3-r1

perhaps you could try a stable version of the package?

out of curiosity, what "packages" did you actually install? / what command did u run?
Bob P
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taskara wrote:
I compiled digikam 0.6.2 just fine yesterday on a pentium-3 laptop with gcc 3.4.3-r1

perhaps you could try a stable version of the package?

out of curiosity, what "packages" did you actually install? / what command did u run?

Here's the text of my emerge.log. it appears that all of the necessary packages were picked up, and the final ebuild just died:
Code:

1106558535: Started emerge on: Jan 24, 2005 03:22:15
1106558535:  *** emerge --ask --verbose digikam
1106558538:  >>> emerge (1 of 8) dev-libs/libusb-0.1.8 to /
1106558538:  === (1 of 8) Cleaning (dev-libs/libusb-0.1.8::/usr/portage/dev-libs/libusb/libusb-0.1.8.ebuild)
1106558540:  === (1 of 8) Compiling/Merging (dev-libs/libusb-0.1.8::/usr/portage/dev-libs/libusb/libusb-0.1.8.ebuild)
1106558624:  === (1 of 8) Post-Build Cleaning (dev-libs/libusb-0.1.8::/usr/portage/dev-libs/libusb/libusb-0.1.8.ebuild)
1106558628:  >>> AUTOCLEAN: dev-libs/libusb
1106558628:  --- AUTOCLEAN: Nothing unmerged.
1106558628:  ::: completed emerge (1 of 8) dev-libs/libusb-0.1.8 to /
1106558628:  >>> emerge (2 of 8) media-libs/libexif-0.5.12-r1 to /
1106558628:  === (2 of 8) Cleaning (media-libs/libexif-0.5.12-r1::/usr/portage/media-libs/libexif/libexif-0.5.12-r1.ebuild)
1106558631:  === (2 of 8) Compiling/Merging (media-libs/libexif-0.5.12-r1::/usr/portage/media-libs/libexif/libexif-0.5.12-r1.ebuild)
1106558755:  === (2 of 8) Post-Build Cleaning (media-libs/libexif-0.5.12-r1::/usr/portage/media-libs/libexif/libexif-0.5.12-r1.ebuild)
1106558758:  >>> AUTOCLEAN: media-libs/libexif
1106558758:  --- AUTOCLEAN: Nothing unmerged.
1106558759:  ::: completed emerge (2 of 8) media-libs/libexif-0.5.12-r1 to /
1106558759:  >>> emerge (3 of 8) media-libs/libgphoto2-2.1.5 to /
1106558759:  === (3 of 8) Cleaning (media-libs/libgphoto2-2.1.5::/usr/portage/media-libs/libgphoto2/libgphoto2-2.1.5.ebuild)
1106558761:  === (3 of 8) Compiling/Merging (media-libs/libgphoto2-2.1.5::/usr/portage/media-libs/libgphoto2/libgphoto2-2.1.5.ebuild)
1106559762:  === (3 of 8) Post-Build Cleaning (media-libs/libgphoto2-2.1.5::/usr/portage/media-libs/libgphoto2/libgphoto2-2.1.5.ebuild)
1106559766:  >>> AUTOCLEAN: media-libs/libgphoto2
1106559766:  --- AUTOCLEAN: Nothing unmerged.
1106559766:  ::: completed emerge (3 of 8) media-libs/libgphoto2-2.1.5 to /
1106559766:  >>> emerge (4 of 8) dev-libs/cdk-4.9.11.20031210-r1 to /
1106559766:  === (4 of 8) Cleaning (dev-libs/cdk-4.9.11.20031210-r1::/usr/portage/dev-libs/cdk/cdk-4.9.11.20031210-r1.ebuild)
1106559768:  === (4 of 8) Compiling/Merging (dev-libs/cdk-4.9.11.20031210-r1::/usr/portage/dev-libs/cdk/cdk-4.9.11.20031210-r1.ebuild)
1106560044:  === (4 of 8) Post-Build Cleaning (dev-libs/cdk-4.9.11.20031210-r1::/usr/portage/dev-libs/cdk/cdk-4.9.11.20031210-r1.ebuild)
1106560047:  >>> AUTOCLEAN: dev-libs/cdk
1106560047:  --- AUTOCLEAN: Nothing unmerged.
1106560047:  ::: completed emerge (4 of 8) dev-libs/cdk-4.9.11.20031210-r1 to /
1106560047:  >>> emerge (5 of 8) media-gfx/gphoto2-2.1.5 to /
1106560047:  === (5 of 8) Cleaning (media-gfx/gphoto2-2.1.5::/usr/portage/media-gfx/gphoto2/gphoto2-2.1.5.ebuild)
1106560050:  === (5 of 8) Compiling/Merging (media-gfx/gphoto2-2.1.5::/usr/portage/media-gfx/gphoto2/gphoto2-2.1.5.ebuild)
1106560166:  === (5 of 8) Post-Build Cleaning (media-gfx/gphoto2-2.1.5::/usr/portage/media-gfx/gphoto2/gphoto2-2.1.5.ebuild)
1106560169:  >>> AUTOCLEAN: media-gfx/gphoto2
1106560169:  --- AUTOCLEAN: Nothing unmerged.
1106560170:  ::: completed emerge (5 of 8) media-gfx/gphoto2-2.1.5 to /
1106560170:  >>> emerge (6 of 8) media-libs/libkipi-0.1 to /
1106560170:  === (6 of 8) Cleaning (media-libs/libkipi-0.1::/usr/portage/media-libs/libkipi/libkipi-0.1.ebuild)
1106560173:  === (6 of 8) Compiling/Merging (media-libs/libkipi-0.1::/usr/portage/media-libs/libkipi/libkipi-0.1.ebuild)
1106560424:  === (6 of 8) Post-Build Cleaning (media-libs/libkipi-0.1::/usr/portage/media-libs/libkipi/libkipi-0.1.ebuild)
1106560427:  >>> AUTOCLEAN: media-libs/libkipi
1106560427:  --- AUTOCLEAN: Nothing unmerged.
1106560427:  ::: completed emerge (6 of 8) media-libs/libkipi-0.1 to /
1106560427:  >>> emerge (7 of 8) media-libs/libkexif-0.2.1 to /
1106560427:  === (7 of 8) Cleaning (media-libs/libkexif-0.2.1::/usr/portage/media-libs/libkexif/libkexif-0.2.1.ebuild)
1106560430:  === (7 of 8) Compiling/Merging (media-libs/libkexif-0.2.1::/usr/portage/media-libs/libkexif/libkexif-0.2.1.ebuild)
1106560615:  === (7 of 8) Post-Build Cleaning (media-libs/libkexif-0.2.1::/usr/portage/media-libs/libkexif/libkexif-0.2.1.ebuild)
1106560617:  >>> AUTOCLEAN: media-libs/libkexif
1106560617:  --- AUTOCLEAN: Nothing unmerged.
1106560617:  ::: completed emerge (7 of 8) media-libs/libkexif-0.2.1 to /
1106560617:  >>> emerge (8 of 8) media-gfx/digikam-0.7.1 to /
1106560617:  === (8 of 8) Cleaning (media-gfx/digikam-0.7.1::/usr/portage/media-gfx/digikam/digikam-0.7.1.ebuild)
1106560620:  === (8 of 8) Compiling/Merging (media-gfx/digikam-0.7.1::/usr/portage/media-gfx/digikam/digikam-0.7.1.ebuild)
1106562227:  *** terminating.

fwiw, rolling back to GCC 3.3.4 doesn't help either. i'm going to try digikam-0.6.2 and see how it goes.
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as I mentioned, I got digikam 0.6.2 (the stable release) to compile just fine on gcc 3.4.3 (in fact a "stage 1 on 3" install ;)) so you should be right - it might wanna downgrade some other packages, in which case I suggest you let it ;)

let us know how you go..

-c
Matteo Azzali
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taskara wrote:
Matteo Azzali wrote:

of course you can see that, because you are accessing it as a usb scsi harddrive device.
can you do this under kde?
camera:/
I doubt it.
You only need kdegraphics with gphoto2 use flag if u wanna access camera:/ under konqueror.
otherwise yes you could just access it directly through the usb scsi device emulation.

I'm not using camera:/ , I'm using /dev/sda1 as an usbpen, as I said.
Dunno if scsi emulation, I'm using udev and latest kernel and I'm just
adding "digital camera periphal" on desktop....
Bob P
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like it was an ebuild problem. i went with digikam-0.6.2 and all of its required packages, which compiled without a hitch. i even did it with the infamous "insane" CFLAGS under GCC 3.4.3.20050110. :roll:

thanks for the help guys. i've filed a report with bugzilla.

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79518

Last edited by Bob P on Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a pleasure :)
zerojay
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob P wrote:
looks like it was an ebuild problem. i went with digikam-0.6.2 and all of its required packages, which compiled without a hitch. i even did it with the infamous "insane" CFLAGS under GCC 3.4.3.20050110. :roll:

thanks for the help guys. i've filed a report with bugzilla.

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79518

They won't do anything about that bug because of your CFLAGS and gcc version.
Bob P
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, the aggressive CFLAGS and the 3.4.3 compiler are likely to be used as an excuse to either filter the CFLAGS or to disavow responsibility for the problem. but there's no way for a developer to get around the fact that the package is still borked with GCC 3.3.4 and the officially recommended CFLAGS (as submitted in the bug report):

Code:
 CFLAGS=" -O2 -pipe -march=pentium3 -pipe -mtune=pentium3" 

it seems pretty obvious where the problem lies.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: