mx1000 connected by PS/2
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: mx1000 connected by PS/2 Reply with quote

I just got my mx1000 today, and I have been experincing the same problem described here. I'd rather not wait weeks to return it to amazon and get another, so I tried connecting it on the ps/2 port, which is supposed to solve the problem. First problem I had was that my usb keyboard no longer worked when the mouse was connected. I used a ps/2 converter for the keyboard, and now its working.
However, when the mouse is connected by PS/2, its not recognized at all. cat /dev/input/mice gives nothing. I've tried three converters, all of which work for other mice, so that's not the problem.
Any suggestions?
cylgalad
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try ls -l /dev/mouse or just use /dev/misc/psaux.

PS: mice & keyboards are made to work better with PS/2 connectors rather than wasting 2 usb ports...
Le0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, your not alone .. and though I havent been able to find any solution for linux, i have been able to find one for windows .. Here
and once you get that update it supposeably fixes the problems, .. but .. of course, thats for windows .. what about us? ..
has anyone found what that patch actaully does (im not smart enough to find out, or even know where to start to try to figure it out)
and be able to reproduce that in linux to make us a patch to fix these inoying problems ..

and as for using ps2 .. im still trying to get mine work again by ps2 .. grr ..

i have also checked for a bug report for the mx1000, and there is none (at least none i could find)
so, well, i dont know.. whats next? .. make a bug report I guess ..

Out for now ..
Le0
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: