View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kesereti
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Gst-Plugins-0.6.2 -- implicitly requires Arts? =\ *Fixed* Reply with quote

So I was going through and re-compiling my system (emerge -e world) with a new set of USE flags, since I had managed to remove every QT app from my system, and wanted to recompile with -kde -qt -arts...things were going smoothly until I hit gst-plugins-0.6.2...here's the compile failure:

Code:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../gst-libs -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -pthread -I/usr/include/gstreamer-0.6 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -DGST_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -g -I/usr/include/avifile -march=athlon-tbird -pipe -O2 -c gstwinenc.cc -MT libgstwincodec_la-gstwinenc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libgstwincodec_la-gstwinenc.TPlo  -fPIC -DPIC -o libgstwincodec_la-gstwinenc.lo
/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link g++  -march=athlon-tbird -pipe -O2   -o libgstwincodec.la -rpath /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.6 -module -avoid-version libgstwincodec_la-gstwindec.lo libgstwincodec_la-gstwincodec.lo libgstwincodec_la-gstwinenc.lo -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -laviplay -lstdc++
mkdir .libs
grep: /usr/kde/3.1/lib/libartsc.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/kde/3.1/lib/libartsc.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/kde/3.1/lib/libartsc.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[3]: *** [libgstwincodec.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/portage-temp/portage/gst-plugins-0.6.2/work/gst-plugins-0.6.2/ext/avifile'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/portage-temp/portage/gst-plugins-0.6.2/work/gst-plugins-0.6.2/ext'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/portage-temp/portage/gst-plugins-0.6.2/work/gst-plugins-0.6.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-libs/gst-plugins-0.6.2 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 155, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

So...umm...even with -arts in my USE flags, libartsc is still needed? Please tell me I don't have to go back and reinstall KDE...or perhaps this is some other package that needs to be re-compiled first?

Last edited by Kesereti on Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Kesereti
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aiyah...nevermind...recompiled avifile, then gst-plugins works fine....
thesnowman
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting what you did to fix it. I had the same problem and re-emerged avifile as you said and gst-plugins then emerged without problems.

Would you mind telling me though:
a) how you knew re-emerging avifile would fix the problem.
b) why doing that fixed the problem.

Thanks.
madtinkerer
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when an emerge fails, it usually tells you on what file it failed and for what reason. check your original post to see where it mentions avifile. Hat happens is that when avifile was originally compiled, it was compiled with the arts flag enabled in make.conf. when you compile something else that requires avifile, if avifile has support compiled in it for something that no longer exists, then it will fail. In this case, you have to recompile the offending program with the correct use flasg to fix the problem.

tinkerer
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: