Baselayout 10 brakes system...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnXa
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Baselayout 10 brakes system... Reply with quote

Okey, I have a problem. If I upgrade my baselayout to 10 with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" so that I could get GenSplash working. It'll brake system. I just found it out. Luckily I got old one merged to system with gentoolivecd.

So why merging newest baselayout won't install for example shutdown scripts and init scripts?
dragnet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: I know right! Reply with quote

I merged that baselayout for the exact same reason AND.
I got the exact same result.

the kernel detects all my hardware and then init doesn't start at all, it just drops me into a root shell.

Furthermore, i can't reboot the system properly with this new baselayout it tells me that init cannot exec /sbin/shutdown, can someone please help us!!!
dragnet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Resolved Reply with quote

Hey,

I filed a bug report on this and it was closed as INVALID, however What i found out is:

the baselayout 1.9 series seems to install the sysvinit stuff as part of it, the 1.10 series doesn't
however when cleaning the old baselayout removes the sysvinit parts.

So the solution is to install an unstable version of sysvinit after installing a newer baselayout..

I still think this is a bug.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: