nvidia-settings X.org config with Laptop + Docking Station
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arosboro
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: nvidia-settings X.org config with Laptop + Docking Station Reply with quote

Hi, I've been off using Ubuntu since I last logged in here sometime in October 2006. I got fed up, and over the weekend used my free space to partition and install gentoo again.

I have a small task list, but most important for a working environment is to get my monitors behaving. It used to be that when I docked my laptop it would reconfigure to use the attached displays automagically. I had to copy the ubuntu config to gentoo's partition to get that working again, but it still insists on using my laptop's main display. I'd like that to turn off.

Is there any easy way to get the X server to switch between both external monitors when docked, and the native display when undocked? I'm docked now and I manually turned off the native display, but I'm afraid it will be off again when I undock.

Thanks in advance!
Princess Nell
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting problem. An easy way? Maybe. I found this link: http://blog.sleeplessbeastie.eu/2013/01/07/how-to-automatically-set-up-external-monitor/.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: