Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
brutal pigs [NSFH]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
big dave
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 0
Location: land of first world problems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: brutal pigs [NSFH] Reply with quote

i don't normally jump on the al sharpton train, but this shit is fucked up: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/07/captured-by-amateur-video-nypd-chokehold-arrest-results-in-death/

this video alone is sufficient evidence of murder. choke holds are banned in the NYPD for a reason.

think about it this way. if they did it because he's black, that's racist as fuck and it's not just murder... it's a hate crime. if they didn't do it because he's black, then you very well could be next.

PS. the H stands for Humanity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16114
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either it is a crime or it isn't a crime. Thought crime should never exist. Which thought will be the next crime to be illegal?</rhetorical>
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 236
Location: The Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police brutality is no longer just a problem in the Black Community. In our militarized Police State all of us are already subject to those with a badge and a sense of extra entitlements.
_________________
I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flat out murder. And all because they claimed he sold a "black market" cigarette.

Disgusting fascist pricks.

big dave wrote:
if they did it because he's black, that's racist as fuck and it's not just murder... it's a hate crime. if they didn't do it because he's black, then you very well could be next.


Old School wrote:
Police brutality is no longer just a problem in the Black Community. In our militarized Police State all of us are already subject to those with a badge and a sense of extra entitlements.


I think it's both. I do believe they would not have gone so ape shit crazy were he an elderly white man, but the militarization of our former "peace officers" in to "LAW ENFORCEMENT" has made the situation : Government vs Citizen.

They were going to give him some "justice", regardless of his skin color. They just gave "more justice" because of his skin color, IMO.

Anyway you take it, it was murder and should sicken everyone.
_________________
http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
YOU'RE NOT A LIBERAL!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Flat out murder. And all because they claimed he sold a "black market" cigarette.


don't worry. I am confident that it will take only a million more deaths (don't worry though! a good lot are only mexicans!) deaths until we discover banning drugs doesn't work.

tragedy about mexico.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1224
Location: Jefferson, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had someone after boot camp who would put us in choke holds until we passed out just for fun. I also got his ass thrown in the brig. The First Sergeant lost his mind when he found out what was going on.

EDIT: You generally have no more than eight seconds after unconsciousness to let go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testosterone fueled retards probably watched MMA the same way we as kids watched rambo.
_________________
“If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to watch the video - the text is enough to make my stomach acid boil.

What is worse? Police 'officers' going mad everywhere? Or the fact that despite all the evidence those assholes will get away with a slap on their wrists?

Argh. Rage. Burning. Now.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean the system is broken if there is no criteria for admittance to police school that would screen out idiots like that.
If a cop compared to an average citizen is more retarded, then they are no longer a service but a nuisance or malice. That piece of shit should be put in a pen.
_________________
“If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16114
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
despite all the evidence those assholes will get away with a slap on their wrists?
Not always. Evidence is also not as obvious as some want to believe.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16114
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
I mean the system is broken if there is no criteria for admittance to police school that would screen out idiots like that.
So is that question #1, or is it randomly put into the quiz? Obviously there are criteria to screen out problems. I'm betting a test isn't likely to accurately identify all problems. Not to mention those who become tainted by the job.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Prenj wrote:
I mean the system is broken if there is no criteria for admittance to police school that would screen out idiots like that.
So is that question #1, or is it randomly put into the quiz? Obviously there are criteria to screen out problems. I'm betting a test isn't likely to accurately identify all problems. Not to mention those who become tainted by the job.

I was thinking more along the lines of psychopathy test, voight-kampf, or some other type of measurement, where you don't have to rely on subject answering "truthfuly".
_________________
“If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16114
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't results of those tests interpreted?
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b


Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What... the... fuck?!?! Absolutely disgusting.
_________________
dmitchell wrote:
Note: I am also a tax feeder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zixnub
n00b
n00b


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 66
Location: Brasschaat, Belgium

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that isn't a reason for payed leave then I don't know what is.
_________________
https://github.com/Zubnix/trinityshell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1566
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the use of the choke-hold was illegal and is grounds for firing of the officer, it's not what hurt the guy. If you watch the video, you can see that the choke hold was with the back of the arm (non-injury-producing) and only on him for about 15 seconds or so. The guy died because he's a fat fuck who had a heart attack after panicking. If he hadn't been resisting arrest to begin with, none of that would have happened. What's not on the video is the officers repeatedly asking him, over and over again, to submit peacefully to arrest, or various threatening movements he was making to keep them at bay. Not wanting to be arrested is not legal justification for resisting, and it's also stupid, especially if you have asthma and are prone to a heart attack. Resisting is what you do in the courtroom.

The officers had three choices at that point:
1. basically gang-tackle the big guy (and undoubtedly get hurt doing it)
2. tase him (which probably would have killed him just the same)
3. keep him surrounded by a bunch of cops, call in a special police negotiator, and try to finally get him to submit (at a cost of untold thousands of taxpayer dollars, and while all those police resources could have been better used doing something else more important).

The choke hold was wrong, and action should be taken. However, it was incidental to the man's death and not the cause of it. Had they tackled him to the ground and piled on like that without using a choke-hold, he'd probably have suffered the same asthma-induced panic and the same fat-ass-induced heart attack. That guy's unfortunate death was predestined 5,000 packs of cigarettes and 5,000 pounds of butter ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
While the use of the choke-hold was illegal and is grounds for firing of the officer, it's not what hurt the guy. If you watch the video, you can see that the choke hold was with the back of the arm (non-injury-producing) and only on him for about 15 seconds or so. The guy died because he's a fat fuck who had a heart attack after panicking. If he hadn't been resisting arrest to begin with, none of that would have happened. What's not on the video is the officers repeatedly asking him, over and over again, to submit peacefully to arrest, or various threatening movements he was making to keep them at bay. Not wanting to be arrested is not legal justification for resisting, and it's also stupid, especially if you have asthma and are prone to a heart attack. Resisting is what you do in the courtroom.

The officers had three choices at that point:
1. basically gang-tackle the big guy (and undoubtedly get hurt doing it)
2. tase him (which probably would have killed him just the same)
3. keep him surrounded by a bunch of cops, call in a special police negotiator, and try to finally get him to submit (at a cost of untold thousands of taxpayer dollars, and while all those police resources could have been better used doing something else more important).

The choke hold was wrong, and action should be taken. However, it was incidental to the man's death and not the cause of it. Had they tackled him to the ground and piled on like that without using a choke-hold, he'd probably have suffered the same asthma-induced panic and the same fat-ass-induced heart attack. That guy's unfortunate death was predestined 5,000 packs of cigarettes and 5,000 pounds of butter ago.


we had a nice little anti-cop circle jerk until you came around. :lol:

what you say seems right to me. It's of course difficult to separate this incident from the racial problems and totally insane level of police militarization going on in your country. This isn't part of that pattern from what I can tell. The guy wasn't even shot by the police.

I can see why choke holds are banned, and it's of course difficult to tell how tightly it was applied from the video. But if you showed me the first half of the video and asked me to guess if it killed the guy or not, I would have thought hell no.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 148
Location: Estados Unidos De América

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL police state USA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3327

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
While the use of the choke-hold was illegal and is grounds for firing of the officer, it's not what hurt the guy. If you watch the video, you can see that the choke hold was with the back of the arm (non-injury-producing) and only on him for about 15 seconds or so. The guy died because he's a fat fuck who had a heart attack after panicking. If he hadn't been resisting arrest to begin with, none of that would have happened. What's not on the video is the officers repeatedly asking him, over and over again, to submit peacefully to arrest, or various threatening movements he was making to keep them at bay. Not wanting to be arrested is not legal justification for resisting, and it's also stupid, especially if you have asthma and are prone to a heart attack. Resisting is what you do in the courtroom.

The officers had three choices at that point:
1. basically gang-tackle the big guy (and undoubtedly get hurt doing it)
2. tase him (which probably would have killed him just the same)
3. keep him surrounded by a bunch of cops, call in a special police negotiator, and try to finally get him to submit (at a cost of untold thousands of taxpayer dollars, and while all those police resources could have been better used doing something else more important).

The choke hold was wrong, and action should be taken. However, it was incidental to the man's death and not the cause of it. Had they tackled him to the ground and piled on like that without using a choke-hold, he'd probably have suffered the same asthma-induced panic and the same fat-ass-induced heart attack. That guy's unfortunate death was predestined 5,000 packs of cigarettes and 5,000 pounds of butter ago.
Of course, everything that they did was fine. Walk along, nothing to see here
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi

Cold is gods way to tell us to burn more Catholics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 758
Location: EU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butts McCokey wrote:
Of course, everything that they did was fine. Walk along, nothing to see here


he very clearly said not everything they did was fine.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum