Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
notageek's considerations over powertripping
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notageek, do as I did, pushups! You know like all cool prisoners do. 8)
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butts McCokey wrote:
I love the fact that even on this thread and on this page the mods/admins have chosen to ignore the same things that notageek's original ban was for.
The bans seem to be more arbitrary than ever

Whatever arbitrary level the ban was, seeing last notageek posts now makes all things clear for everyone.
All democracies justice system must have an appeal system too ; but you can query an appeal without insulting judges... I'm not a judge, but as user ; he change my thinking he can appeal that ban to a "no more need, it's clear he deserve it fully"
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
Butts McCokey wrote:
I love the fact that even on this thread and on this page the mods/admins have chosen to ignore the same things that notageek's original ban was for.

thats my point and my ongoing criticism of OTW moderation

Everybody knows you guys are trolling, and trying to egg other people on into getting themselves banned by taking what you're saying and going one step further (and over the line). People are on to you. Butts is lucky he didn't get banned along with notageek for provoking him into getting his ban doubled again. Plausible deniability isn't plausible with your histories. You're just making trouble for the sake of kicking the bees' nest. That's what children do.

A (perpetual) request that consistent administration of the established rules is not childish, its common sense. If the end effect can vary day to day for the same given input then there is an issue. Imagine if the constitution was interpreted differently, daily... Prenj/NotaGeeks ban is justifiable from the perspective of the moderators HOWEVER the reasoning behind it can be leveraged many a time previously, but wasn't.
The Ad hominem that myself and others are attempting to game the system is a non sequitur and the only logical explanation is to distract moderators from common sense to facilitate those that wish to skirt the rules.
aCOSwt
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
If the end effect can vary day to day for the same given input then there is an issue.

Stop pure abtract reasoning.

- Saying that if two identical inputs to a given system trigger two different outputs, then there is an issue, is common sense.
- Saying that there can exist here and now two identical inputs is : unrealistic.

BTW refusing to acknowledge the latter is childish.

We are getting off-topic anyway.
If what you want is questioning the principles of OTW moderation, feel free to open a thread in OTW, I'll be happy to contribute.
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
Butts McCokey wrote:

Everybody knows you guys are trolling, and trying to egg other people on into getting themselves banned by taking what you're saying and going one step further (and over the line). People are on to you. Butts is lucky he didn't get banned along with notageek for provoking him into getting his ban doubled again. Plausible deniability isn't plausible with your histories. You're just making trouble for the sake of kicking the bees' nest. That's what children do.
Talking bollocks again I see. Every point I have made has been correct
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aCOSwt wrote:
Butts McCokey wrote:

The mods have *not* chosen to ignore "this", and "this" *is* obviously *not* the same thing, and *this* was handled differently and succesfully yesterday night.
Feel free to feel moderation more arbitrary than ever but be aware that holding "this" and "that" for the same things is : An arbitrary judgement.
Writing it in italics and a different colour does not make it any different. I couldn't care less about the later bans, they never should have been banned in the first place and any overreaction after that was purely brought on by the mods/admins because of double standards in their moderation.

Sometimes I really think that people who aren't active in OTW shouldn't be moderating in there because if you don't understand the nuances, the people and the history then you're always going to fail at moderating in there. The moderating everywhere else is very good and pjp does a superb job moderating OTW. Why not make someone like Old School, Naib or Muso a moderator and tell them just moderate in there. They know the people there and understand when people are joking or not.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
Butts McCokey wrote:

Whatever arbitrary level the ban was, seeing last notageek posts now makes all things clear for everyone.
All democracies justice system must have an appeal system too ; but you can query an appeal without insulting judges... I'm not a judge, but as user ; he change my thinking he can appeal that ban to a "no more need, it's clear he deserve it fully"
I don't condone his overreaction to his ban just like I didn't condone his original ban. The fact exists that he never would have done that had this not been one big fuckup in the first place
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aCOSwt wrote:
If what you want is questioning the principles of OTW moderation, feel free to open a thread in OTW, I'll be happy to contribute.
Surely that is the wrong forum (literally) for the discussion. It needs to be done here because we are responding to an incident - or at the very least in F&F
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems rather odd.
If neither prenj nor notageek complained, why ban any of them?
Moreover, I think that in a forum like OTW where things get heated and personal all the time WITHOUT mods intervening, a warning would have been in order.
Just my 0,02€.
Now it's time for the harvest
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clad in Sky wrote:
This seems rather odd.
Moreover, I think that in a forum like OTW where things get heated and personal all the time WITHOUT mods intervening, a warning would have been in order.
Just my 0,02€.

Personally, I thought we had an almost cathartic and at the same time rather infantile exchange, but I was not offended, and I don't think he was either. Poor taste? Yes. Sort of primal therapy with a lot of poo slinging? Yes, that too.

But it also felt really good, you know, because the cool thing about the OTW is that you can deconstruct your own bullshit, which I guess we were doing by taking it to the retardville. Anyway in that sense, I didn't mind the ban, I thought it was bit overreacting, but I guess the guilty ones always think that? :) I could live with 2 weeks, and I'm sorry that notageek lost the nerve.

So, pushups, brother. Endure!
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
Butts McCokey wrote:

A (perpetual) request that consistent administration of the established rules is not childish, its common sense. If the end effect can vary day to day for the same given input then there is an issue. Imagine if the constitution was interpreted differently, daily... Prenj/NotaGeeks ban is justifiable from the perspective of the moderators HOWEVER the reasoning behind it can be leveraged many a time previously, but wasn't.
The Ad hominem that myself and others are attempting to game the system is a non sequitur and the only logical explanation is to distract moderators from common sense to facilitate those that wish to skirt the rules.

You and Butts McCokey are just frustrated that the mods caught on to your game of trolling people and then reporting them for minor infractions to get them banned. The mods are now enforcing the intent of the law more than the letter, and your're not able to use it to your own puerile ends. That isn't stopping you from trying one last time, though here. I bet you were one of those kids that used to constantly whine "No fair!" at their parents and teachers. Whaaaa.... No Fair! Somebody call the fucking whaaaaambulance. :roll:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
Clad in Sky wrote:
This seems rather odd.
Just my 0,02€.

Personally, I thought we had an almost cathartic and at the same time rather infantile exchange, but I was not offended, and I don't think he was either. Poor taste? Yes. Sort of primal therapy with a lot of poo slinging? Yes, that too.

But it also felt really good, you know, because the cool thing about the OTW is that you can deconstruct your own bullshit, which I guess we were doing by taking it to the retardville. Anyway in that sense, I didn't mind the ban, I thought it was bit overreacting, but I guess the guilty ones always think that? :) I could live with 2 weeks, and I'm sorry that notageek lost the nerve.

So, pushups, brother. Endure!

notageek has anger management issues. He has Aryan blood (like the Sikhs, northern Taliban, Western Iranians, Neo-Assyrians, etc.). Sometimes he gets a blood-lust and goes off on his co-workers. Once, he even slayed a cow just for getting in his way. I have tried to counsel him with regard to this in the past, but I guess he just lost it.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
Butts McCokey wrote:

You and Butts McCokey are just frustrated that the mods caught on to your game of trolling people and then reporting them for minor infractions to get them banned. The mods are now enforcing the intent of the law more than the letter, and your're not able to use it to your own puerile ends. That isn't stopping you from trying one last time, though here. I bet you were one of those kids that used to constantly whine "No fair!" at their parents and teachers. Whaaaa.... No Fair! Somebody call the fucking whaaaaambulance. :roll:

If that is truely what you believe then you will have no problem in being banned for that post then as profanities are against the Gentoo coc and are only tolerated in OTW, that or my assessment of subjective moderation is factual as I have been threatened by a moderator for using ' the f word' in the general forum. Moderators cab confirm this
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you didn't even read what I wrote (or didn't understand it).
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did and you seem to be labouring under some conspiracy
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's the way you feel, then I want my excellent avatar photograph back.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my arse its urs, you posted the original picture with the us politicians, someone else suggested avatars, I did it
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you did it. You've gone too far. Now somebody's bound to lock this thread.
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would; afaic notageek is way over the line, and so's butthead, with his unconsidered responses. Naib seems to have become an intelligent troll, along the lines of McCreesh, which is a shame.

It's all very well to vent in OTW: but show you have another side, when you take it on yourselves to criticise moderation, a topic you clearly don't understand.

notageek definitely needs a CoC "strike" for the behaviour displayed in this thread, imo.
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, don't you think enough has been said on this topic? In the belief that this is true, and because this thread itself is very close to—if not already across— the line of guidelines violations, I'm locking the thread. If you have something substantive to add, PM me an we'll talk.

- John
aCOSwt
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha... bloody insufficient mastery of English... bloody heaviness of that green tag...
There are times when I regret my incapability to word things... the...
Bones McCracker's way!

Never mind, forget it!

Naib wrote:
If that is truely what you believe then you will have no problem in being banned for that post then as profanities are against the Gentoo coc and are only tolerated in OTW, that or my assessment of subjective moderation is factual as I have been threatened by a moderator for using ' the f word' in the general forum. Moderators cab confirm this

I already asked you to stop that and suggested a better way to carry on.

The honest reason I had for this was that I am convinced that discussing OTW moderation will necessarily need an amount of tolerance that you cannot expect from the moderation in non-OTW forums.

Whatever the reason, you can't read, you blacklisted my posts, you were hit by some cosmic interference that convinced you to embark on whatever charming crusade... feel free, I don't care, I don't judge.
But the fact is : You and Butt* decided to ignore.

Be both aware that, as part of the not-so-subjective decision process the mods follow... NACKs are among the most factual and objective signals we take into account.

Therefore : I must close that thread... objectively.

Now, as it has been noticed that, after having obviously failed defending the indefensible, you and But* pathetically and desperately want to prove that a + b = d => The mods are sided and their decisions are arbitrary...
well... you know... there's really no need to compute such a difficult calculus, no need to torture the a b and d you collect.
Rather than laying traps for a, b and d in your posts to the intention of other contributors, who, because they grew up since they escaped from the school yard, won't get caught...
You should have asked : Please, aCOSwt, demonstrate that we are right!

And I would have closed that thread... arbitrarily!

Given, at the end of the day, an identical result... I would have spared a significant amount of time, you and But* would have spared a lot (if not the entirety) of your credibility and...
I would not feel compelled to : scrupulously watch your future contributions.

Either way... I close!

EEEkkk!
John R. Graham wrote:
I'm locking the thread.

OK... I must acknowledge that... there are indeed some subtle differences in the way different mods can handle the same situation...
I address this at once!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: