Advanced Gentoo Installation for SSD
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have uninstalled udev and do not want it to come back, you could add it to package.mask so that Portage will prefer other solutions for the dependency resolver. I think this also causes Portage to fail with a somewhat helpful error message if there are no other solutions.
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:

best ... khay

geoclue depend webkit-gtk that is need for my dwb werb browser.

Another problem, every boot mdev settle the interface and be waiting so long (about one minutes) the interface is eth0, settle-nincs from mdev-like-a-boss packages set it /etc/mactab but maybe set something in mdev.conf ?

Code:
eth0                    0:0     644     *if [ $ACTION = "add" ] ; then ifup eth0 ; else ifdown eth0 ; fi
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephan-t wrote:
geoclue depend webkit-gtk that is need for my dwb werb browser.

stephan-t ... its probably only a requirement of webkit-gtk:3 so you might be able to resolve this by removing the gtk3 useflag from dwb (and any other package that currently has the gtk3 useflag enabled).

stephan-t wrote:
Another problem, every boot mdev settle the interface and be waiting so long (about one minutes) the interface is eth0, settle-nincs from mdev-like-a-boss packages set it /etc/mactab but maybe set something in mdev.conf?

Not sure I understand the problem as you describe it ... mactab is used to set the interface name based on its MAC, the settle-nics script reads /sys/class/net/ and writes mactab if the interface exists and --mactab is set in mdev.conf. If the MAC exists in mactab then the interface is given the corresponding name. So, I don't think this is the cause of the hang ... can you provide more information on why you think this is whats happening.

stephan-t wrote:
Code:
eth0 0:0 644 *if [ $ACTION = "add" ] ; then ifup eth0 ; else ifdown eth0 ; fi

Where did you get this from? ... gentoo doesn't have ifup/ifdown, plus you don't need to do this /etc/init.d/net.eth0 brings the interface up.

best ... khay
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I removed the gtk flags some packages and remove the geoclue and voila working :)

I find in internet the ifdown/ifup is aliases from ifconfig interface up/down

In early boot after then /etc/init.d/eth0 started write this message

Bringing up interface eth0

and delayed minutes to connect validated interface.

Not any error issue only the lot of delay.

Network working after....
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephan-t ...

can you post the output of the following ... thanks.

Code:
# rc-status --all | tr -s ' '
# egrep -i '(sys|tmp)fs' /usr/src/linux/.config
# mount

Also ... are you using an initramfs?

best ... khay
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
stephan-t ...

can you post the output of the following ... thanks.

Code:
# rc-status --all | tr -s ' '
# egrep -i '(sys|tmp)fs' /usr/src/linux/.config
# mount

Also ... are you using an initramfs?

best ... khay

Code:
Runlevel: shutdown
 killprocs [ stopped ]
 savecache [ stopped ]
 mount-ro [ stopped ]
Runlevel: boot
 hwclock [ started ]
 modules [ started ]
 fsck [ started ]
 root [ started ]
 mtab [ started ]
 swap [ started ]
 localmount [ started ]
 sysctl [ started ]
 bootmisc [ started ]
 swapfiles [ started ]
 loopback [ started ]
 procfs [ started ]
 tmpfiles.setup [ started ]
 alsasound [ started ]
 termencoding [ started ]
 keymaps [ started ]
 urandom [ started ]
 hostname [ started ]
Runlevel: sysinit
 dmesg [ started ]
 udev-mount [ started ]
 kmod-static-nodes [ started ]
 sysfs [ started ]
 tmpfiles.dev [ started ]
 devfs [ started ]
 mdev [ started ]
Runlevel: default
 syslog-ng [ started ]
 dhcpcd [ started ]
 net.eth0 [ started ]
 netmount [ started ]
 mpd [ started ]
 cronie [ started ]
 sshd [ started ]
 local [ started ]
Dynamic Runlevel: hotplugged
Dynamic Runlevel: needed
Dynamic Runlevel: manual

Code:
# CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED is not set
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
# CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT is not set
CONFIG_EDAC_LEGACY_SYSFS=y
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_SYSFS=y
# CONFIG_DMI_SYSFS is not set
CONFIG_SYSFS=y
CONFIG_TMPFS=y
CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_TMPFS_XATTR=y

Code:
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/sda3 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=10240k,nr_inodes=488043,mode=755)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,size=4194304k)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup_root on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
openrc on /sys/fs/cgroup/openrc type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,release_agent=/lib64/rc/sh/cgroup-release-agent.sh,name=openrc)
cpuset on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cpu on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu)
cpuacct on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuacct)
freezer on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
/dev/sda2 on /boot type ext2 (rw,noatime)
/dev/sda5 on /hollow type ext4 (rw,noatime)
/dev/sdb1 on /mnt/Battlestation type xfs (rw,noatime)
tmpfs on /var/log type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=755,size=100M)
/dev/shm on /tmp type none (rw,bind)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,nodev,noexec,nosuid)
mtpfs on /mnt/Y300 type fuse.mtpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other)
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephan-t wrote:
Code:
# CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED is not set
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
# CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT is not set

You should set that mount option, so the devtmpfs is present at boot.
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephan-t wrote:
Code:
Runlevel: sysinit
 [...]
 udev-mount [ started ]

stephan-t ... along with enabling DEVTMPFS_MOUNT as steveL suggests, you should remove udev-mount from sysinit. I also don't see net.lo in boot for some reason so add this, and one or other of dhcpcd or net.eth0 should be removed (having both isn't necessary as dhcpcd can be used to provide 'net').

Code:
# rc-update del udev-mount sysinit
# rc-update add net.lo boot
# rc-update del dhcpcd default

The fact you have udev-mount suggests that some parts of udev-init-scripts are installed, you should probably emerge --depclean this (though you can keep udev if some package needs it). If you need udev (if say some package links to it, but doesn't necessarily require it running) you can do the following:

/etc/portage/package.use
Code:
sys-fs/udev -*

/etc/portage/profile/package.provided
Code:
sys-fs/udev-init-scripts-26-r2

I'm not sure what you have currently providing virtual/dev-manager (you may still have udev providing this) foo-overlay (mdev-bb, mdev-like-a-boss) doesn't provide a virtual/dev-manager with mdev-bb, if you need this (ie, to remove udev entirely) you can cp the one to a a local overlay and add/edit so that mdev-bb also provides the virtual ...

/usr/local/portage/virtual/dev-manager/dev-manager-0.ebuild
Code:
# Copyright 1999-2012 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

EAPI="2"

DESCRIPTION="Virtual for the device filesystem manager"
HOMEPAGE=""
SRC_URI=""

LICENSE=""
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="alpha amd64 arm hppa ia64 m68k ~mips ppc ppc64 s390 sh sparc x86 ~sparc-fbsd ~x86-fbsd"
IUSE=""

DEPEND=""
RDEPEND="|| (
      sys-apps/busybox[mdev]
      sys-fs/devfsd
      sys-fs/static-dev
      sys-fs/mdev-bb
      sys-freebsd/freebsd-sbin
   )"

You would then add PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage" to make.conf, rebuild the digest, and 'emerge --oneshot manager/dev-manager'. Having done this udev can be removed.

best ... khay
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ khayyam

Thanks all thing worked, can i possible use pulseaudio without udev ?

I could compile but not work after the boot

my package.use for pulseaudio

media-sound/pulseaudio -udev gtk equalizer X alsa -qt system-wide

add to rc-update but some error at boot

last log

Aug 12 14:41:09 kawaii-hollowpoint pulseaudio[2294]: [pulseaudio] protocol-native.c: Denied access to client with invalid authorization data.
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephan-t ...

I've no idea about pulseaudio but I suspect the issue is that some combination of dbus, udev, policykit is required. Can't say more as I don't use any of the above.

best ... khay
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
stephan-t ...

I've no idea about pulseaudio but I suspect the issue is that some combination of dbus, udev, policykit is required. Can't say more as I don't use any of the above.

best ... khay

Ohh F*ck, i want the sotware mixing and volume control, whell i accept this not working well without udev.

thanks
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not specialy the the thread but also my problem the mixing the branch, i set the developer switch for some packages not available is simple amd64 branch. But after i want update everything but don't want emerge gentoo-sources.

How control the packages.

Example

package.use add the line what package use depencies.
package.keywords (or package.accept_keywords) contain the version of specific application. **9999 is the git, development version (i personaly use for dwb, herbstluftwm, ranger)

Oh but vainaly set the kernel version emerge not accept and pull the latest development version.

package.keywords

<=sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.12.21-r1
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand how to work it. I only set amd64 accept keywords in make.conf globaly, but some applications require development keywords.

Just like transmission-daemon, transmission-remote-cli, mpv

What is the easiest method configure and simple use it, for daily worktime ?

One more questions packages with default flag pull many depends example: mpv pulled libproxy, libwebkit, libquvi, spidermonkey ( why spidermonkey?)

I recently used the Gentoo Overlay page and read the flagoptions.

What i mean? Use the stable packages with green colors, and mixed it with personal use some development packages.

Last but not least, 1.16 Xorg is safe for upgrade?
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephan-t wrote:
I really don't understand how to work it. I only set amd64 accept keywords in make.conf globaly, but some applications require development keywords.

Just like transmission-daemon, transmission-remote-cli, mpv

What is the easiest method configure and simple use it, for daily worktime ?

I find update easiest, as it handles all the settings for me, based on portage output. (you want the git version, if you try it.)
Quote:
One more questions packages with default flag pull many depends example: mpv pulled libproxy, libwebkit, libquvi, spidermonkey ( why spidermonkey?)

Yeah you can turn them off in /etc/portage/package.use though occasionally it's forced on in the profile. Again update handles that for me, and shows me the files it's edited (colour diff) to ask for confirmation.
Quote:
Last but not least, 1.16 Xorg is safe for upgrade?

If it's stable then yeah, just upgrade. If you're running unstable you might want to be more cautious; I don't run unstable for anything I can't cope with breaking. Never run an unstable bash, for example, and there simply is no way to be sure with unstable software, just what might break. It's fine for packages higher up the dependency tree, that are more programs than library.
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite frequently programs, may stay marked as unstable for quite some time. Reasons for this can vary, anywhere from the amount of critical bugs/issues, upstream recommendation, the package maintainers, not as frequently used, and quite possibly if a package frequently updates may stay unstable for longer periods of time. While a package is marked as unstable, doesn't necessarily mean it has issues, just more of there hasn't been much testing with it. Personally, I use ~amd64 myself (running full unstable); a few times I have encountered issues, but that doesn't mean it's too frequent (last serious issue, was nearly 6 months ago or so; I think it was when the new perl was unmasked, and that was only working on getting the various perl packages updated).

As far as dealing with a package that is marked as unstable; you are allowed to over-ride the unstable keyword (though, it is not recommended to mix stable and unstable). Otherwise, you could use an alternative program that does the same thing. I know for sure, there's multiple packages in portage that does the same thing as transmission, chances are one of them has a version marked stable.

As far as several dependency being pulled in; it's hard to say exactly why it's pulling such and such package. The dependency that you can effect will depend on your USE flags (not all USE flags correspond to a dependency, but in general most have an effect on them).
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ct85711 wrote:
As far as dealing with a package that is marked as unstable; you are allowed to over-ride the unstable keyword (though, it is not recommended to mix stable and unstable).

IME it's much better to run stable and unmask the packages you care about; that way you have a stable base-system for 99% of what you're running, and you unmask the things you want to keep up with, usually because you follow the upstream, or are in touch with them on IRC. update helps to unmask the dependencies needed, by wrapping portage and providing a bit of porcelain, but you can equally use other tools or write your own. Or just edit the config files, ofc.

That's also the required setup to do arch-testing. You run stable and then unmask the stable candidates selectively to see how they go.

Either way, you don't have to worry about things like bash breaking on upgrade, to name a simple example; the same thing can happen in myriad other dependencies you've never even heard of, and any one of them can lead to an unbootable machine. If you can't cope with rebooting from a live-disk, and figuring out what broke and what exactly to roll back, the stock answer is "you shouldn't be running ~arch then."
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Advanced Gentoo Installation for SSD Reply with quote

stephan-t wrote:
Hello , I Stephan and really newbie on board and i wanna turn Gentoo from Archlinux.

What is the recommanded steps for SSD? . I have a really old storage drive with small size and ext4 not really good and use more space. Find the new (old) filesystem but long time ago not developed. Yes the filesystem type is JFS.
Set the GPT and format any partition to JFS. After some package compile the installation not complete and brake with errors. I think not set correctly the settings or whatever, when or ext4 similar built work as well.
I like the tradicional Sysinit system and not use full DE in my machine. Can I install regular system without polkit, udev, and consolekit - dbus?.

My poor configuration:
Intel Core i3 540
Nvidia GT 430

Maybe later upgrade my system with some usb goodies (external sound card etc.) I think udev only full compatible with that.

Sorry my bad English.

Gz, Stephan

well I have ordinary ext2 boot partition wiht 512mb

other space is used for a lvm container which contains luks which contains ext4. I was worried about degrading the device but on the other hand when the device fails you need a backup and than you just buy a better and bigger drive. that drive lasts for quite a while now.

i use tmpfs for var/tmp/portage and I have an ordinary hdd too but i hardly use that except for my distfiles.
Polyatomic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeddySeagoon wrote:
khayyam,

xorg-server suffers from
Code:
IUSE="${IUSE_SERVERS} ipv6 minimal nptl selinux +suid tslib +udev unwind"

Notice the +udev. That means the ebuild depends on udev which is a shame as the old ways still work.

Editing the ebuild to remove references to udev makes it work. I can post a fixed xorg-server-1.16.0.ebuild.

-- edit ---

Code:
$ wgetpaste -s dpaste xorg-server-1.16.0.ebuild
Your paste can be seen here: http://dpaste.com/0RMGCW3

Hiya NeddySeagon, How are you man. May I please have a look at your ebuild if that is ok by you.
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Some another noob question next again:
I have a Intel Cpu and Nvidia video card, can compile the xorg without llvm? This is huge package and lot of

time spent making the package. Only reason the left Gentoo is my incompetency. Similar settings or packages in

Archlinux less then in Gentoo. I'm getting older, and not like rolling distro or another some reason, the

Archlinux not flexible as well. No have another device manager, and doesn't rolling back packages version

without igoring pkg or use dowgrade package. I'm not good at USE flags, and recently use milomouse's

make.conf, package.accept_keywords or package.use with little modification.

make.conf
http://pastebin.com/YBKyg665

package.accept_keywords
http://pastebin.com/7uTwJSaF

package.use
http://pastebin.com/5nT8MDWw

This files contain use flags, but not minimal and pull those depencies. After i installed the core system,

prepare for system remove udev and replaced with mdev from busybox packages.
I don't know that necessary use udev, but i doesn't find nowhere compared with mdev.
What is the pros and cons because i don't use only one keyboard, and trackball. Only udev could rules and

autoplug, automount, but this time not use both function. Maybe i will bought the other keyboard and change

same time under Xorg.

I only one stable packages from mirrors, but i know two method use development packages instead of.
In make.conf set global switch with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" or not set globally, but in

package.accept_keywords set correct version and switch.

Example:

www-client/dwb-2014.03.07 ~amd64

What is the better way?

Oh forget one thing, after then replaced udev, remove the systemd library from my system?
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephan-t wrote:
prepare for system remove udev and replaced with mdev from busybox packages.
I don't know that necessary use udev, but i doesn't find nowhere compared with mdev.
What is the pros and cons because i don't use only one keyboard, and trackball. Only udev could rules and
autoplug, automount, but this time not use both function. Maybe i will buy some other keyboard.

You might want to consider eudev then.
Quote:
I only have one stable packages from mirrors, but i know two method use development packages.
In make.conf set global switch with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" or not set globally, but in

package.accept_keywords set correct version and switch.

Example:

www-client/dwb-2014.03.07 ~amd64

What is the better way?

That's fine but you don't need the ~amd64: portage defaults to accepting unstable on your arch which is
cleaner and easier to share, eg in profiles or overlay.

global isn't a good idea, since things can break which you've never heard of and you'll just be told
"Well don't run ~arch then." This could be anything and everything, and that's what you get for
living at the bleeding-edge etc. It's easier to unmask things you explicitly want, or that they need as
dependencies. update helps you do that.

There's some useful tips here; see the Basics link (top of second page.)
Quote:
Oh forget one thing, after then replaced udev, remove the systemd library from my system?

Only after you're booting successfully, ie openrc is starting up correctly. Make sure you run
Code:
dispatch-conf # or etc-update
after the switch, and before you even think of rebooting.

I'd advise you to have an IRC client running before you start.
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks steveL

I usually followed the gentoo wiki step to step, but i can't understand why default some flags in mesa or xorg-server packages.

gallium, gallium pulled the llvm, but i haven't use amd video cards this is required properly in mesa?
Safe the built xorg-server without udev flag?

The wiki sayed: set the X use flag in make.conf
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephan-t wrote:
I usually followed the gentoo wiki step to step, but i can't understand why default some flags in mesa or xorg-server packages.

gallium, gallium pulled the llvm, but i haven't use amd video cards this is required properly in mesa?

Not too sure; I wouldn't worry over much about USE flags, so long as you have got the machine rebooting into your kernel, and it starts up fine at the console. That's the major part of the install, ime. The rest is just playing :)
Quote:
Safe the built xorg-server without udev flag?

The wiki said: set the X use flag in make.conf

Well yes, you want the X flag in make.conf if you're going to be using a desktop, and usually you want udev on xorg, unless you're not using even eudev, but something like mdev, or Neddy's Olde-Fashioned static dev.

Oh there's a tip on switching to eudev here, from Tractor Girl.

For an install, i find it helpful to run:
Code:
USE=-X emerge -eav system
emerge -av system

when I first chroot into the stage and have portage going, or soon after reboot. At that point there isn't a lot on the machine, and it rebuilds the toolchain, once without a mess of dependencies, and then over again.

Usually I end up leaving the second part to being done as we go along, since we're going to be emerging so much stuff anyhow, everything we need to satisfy dependencies will get rebuilt. It's been a while since I did an install, but istr sometimes you get hassle with the X stuff coming in. So it's best to build it up in pieces, ie get rebooting, see what emerge might do for each part, eg cups is usually a good one to do after X, but before your desktop, and if it looks sane go ahead.

If I were you I would definitely be on IRC: chat.freenode.org and /join #gentoo as they're very good at the live support thing, and it goes much quicker if you can get relatively rapid responses to your questions. Any live disk will do, and most of them have XChat or HexChat or sth on there. I used to love Knoppix, myself, since their hw support is so good. sysresccd is a good one though, because it is based on gentoo, and is designed for recovery situations so has excellent tool support.

If you've got the machine rebooting, well done :-) You're into the next phase (which typically means going mad with ufed and then dialling it back a week or two later.)
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@steveL

Thanks to the fast respond, I haven't got a another computer only own it the smartphone with weechat client. I understand those steps and hope not to hard accomplished. I set the desktop profile but, never used Desktop Environment, my herbstluftwm settings fairly enough for use every day working. Love this Gentoo modularity, not fine udev change my mind and switch to static dev or mdev, very nice idea different package version not brake the system.

thanks allready.

Regards, Stephan-t
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm Need for me a initramfs? I never install at gentoo, but in Archlinux default. I never feel different usage.
stephan-t
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not open the new thread, my question also put this post.

I think my gentoo is broken.

update output

and emerge --info

and last fail before i manually fix portage

what is the next step?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: