x11/colord preventing emerge with -udev USE flag
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TechnoMage40
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: x11/colord preventing emerge with -udev USE flag Reply with quote

Ok, I'm back again... Thanks to everyone who helped me get my update working again by recommending the perl-cleaner util... now I'm running into a different situation..

So, I was trying to get my system fully converted over to systemd from udev, and I've been struggling with getting the update to run with the -udev USE flag. What I end up seeing is:

Code:
08:11 predaking{root}> emerge -auDN @world

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy ">=x11-misc/colord-0.1.9" has unmet requirements.
- x11-misc/colord-1.0.3::gentoo USE="gusb introspection systemd -examples -extra-print-profiles -scanner -udev -vala"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    gusb? ( udev )

The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    gusb? ( udev ) scanner? ( udev ) vala? ( introspection )

(dependency required by "x11-libs/gtk+-3.10.7[colord]" [installed])
(dependency required by "media-sound/pulseaudio-5.0[gtk]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "media-libs/libsdl-1.2.15-r4[pulseaudio]" [installed])
(dependency required by "games-rpg/nwn-1.69-r1" [installed])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])
08:12 predaking{root}>

Based on that, it seems to me that the only thing that needs the colord ebuild is the NWN package. am I reading that correctly? If I am, would it be safe to say if I remove NWN from my system, I should be able to emerge again?

Thanks in advance.
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody can say your emerge world will works even when NWN is out, just that this problem with NWN will be remove and you can then seek if other problem exists or not, so a in theory answer is "yes". But theory and reality...

ps: quickpkg games-rpg/nwn is your friend
mv
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: x11/colord preventing emerge with -udev USE flag Reply with quote

TechnoMage40 wrote:
get my system fully converted over to systemd from udev, and I've been struggling with getting the update to run with the -udev USE flag.

Why do you think that you need USE=-udev when you are using systemd? udev is part of systemd, so it would be a very bad idea to remove the support for it from your packages.
TechnoMage40
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my understanding was that because udev was a part of systemd, I did not need to explicitly include it in the USE flags.

obviously, removing it altogether and using a '-' in front of it produce totally different results.

** EDIT **
So I realized after I hit submit that I wasn't sounding very intelligent there... apologies for the lapse. What I meant to say was that I didn't understand that by letting sys-fs/udev be removed, it was being replaced by virtual/udev for systemd...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: