dev-libs/openssl-1.0.1g and encfs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tamjan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: dev-libs/openssl-1.0.1g and encfs Reply with quote

After the upgrade of openssl to 1.0.1g encfs states ``Error decoding volume key, password incorrect'' when I try to mount my encfs directory. This is consistent on several of my machines, and encfs still works on machines on which openssl is still at 1.0.1f. I know that openssl version changes has broken encfs before. I am now mostly curious if anybody else has experienced this, and whether people think that there is a new bug in openssl 1.0.1g to compensate for heartbleed or if it is encfs that needs to be fixed somehow.

I have tried encfs v1.7.5 too from the subversion repo (the 1.x branch), and it does not elevate the problem.
TomWij
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try to rebuild encfs with `emerge -1 sys-fs/encfs` as well as do `emerge @preserved-rebuild` to see if it is not just some preserved libs or linkage problem?
tamjan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I have the same problem with v1.7.5 from the svn repo. But yeah, maybe it wasn't clear that I fetched and compiled that after I stumbled upon all this. And I did this after I had already tried to re-emerge the v1.7.4 version that is in the portage tree. Links are all good according to revdep-rebuild, and there is nothing to be rebuilt due to used libraries of unmerged packages (i.e. emerge @preserved-rebuild does nothing).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: