Shroud of the Avatar - mouse look freezing the game
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aonoa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Shroud of the Avatar - mouse look freezing the game Reply with quote

Hello,

Is anyone else here playing Shroud of the Avatar? The developers have so far been unable to reproduce the fact that when I use mouse look, it will quickly freeze my game. I'm thinking it might be related to this Unity3D bug, but I wanted to see if anyone here had a similar issue or if it works fine for you?

Thank you.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Teegrins, Aonoa!

Having spent several portions of my journey in the Ultima series, I would love to check it out, but I have not the prestige to be invited to this party of Lord British. (I believe it is presently still possible only for backers, right?)

Anyblue, you have probably seen this thread?
I see at least one user claiming to be experiencing it with Gentoo, whom I guess might be you. If it's not, then it should mean that there be at least one other Gentoo-user experiencing the issue! ^^

It might be a good idea to list some specifications regarding your hardware and drivers here as well.

Good luck!
Aonoa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, Chiitoo!

You need not be invited, anyone can get access as long as you back the game, which is basically the same as pre-ordering. Though, actual game access is limited to certain dates once a month. It is currently in a pre-alpha development phase. I think it is awesome, because I get to have a voice in choices made for the game`s future.

No, I had not seen that thread, thank you for pointing it out. I have been too busy trying to figure out what exactly the problem might have been, seeing as the Linux developer at Portalarium was unable to reproduce it. I`m glad I`m not alone in having this problem, which for me started with pre-alpha release 3 of Shroud of the Avatar.

Vanilla kernel 3.13.9
Xorg 1.15.0
Nvidia drivers 337.12
EVGA GTX Titan GPU
Intel i7-4960X CPU
EVGA X79 Dark MB

Resolution 2560x1440@100Hz with a Overlord monitor

I have tested many kernels and many nvidia drivers, but none ever removed the problem. I tried a 3.12 kernel as well as a 3.10. Nvidia drivers I tried range from 331.49 to 334.21 and lastly 337.12.

Thank you.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: