XEN virtualization - Problems with UEFI
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Facu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: XEN virtualization - Problems with UEFI Reply with quote

Hi all! :)

As title says, I'm having problems with XEN and UEFI. Is a know issue, that grub2+uefi+xen dont work.
So, the new packages, install a shell script uefi on /boot/efi/gentoo/xen-version.efi

The problem is that, I dont know why. This file not work ._. I cant boot from there with UEFI. I tried re-emerging xen but still not work. I also tried to install a unstable version, but it have a problem in compile phase.

When I try to boot with UEFI shell script, It looks like the .efi must be called "Shellx64.efi". So I renamed the file, but it dont boot. Just makes a black screen for less than a second, and comeback to UEFI menu.

So I dont know how to fix it ._.

[ebuild R ] app-emulation/xen-4.3.1-r5 USE="efi xsm -custom-cflags -debug -flask" 0 kB

Of course, If I try to boot from grub with XEN, it says "No console will be availible for OS".

Some body know why it is happening? I also asked for support on a mail list of XEN, but I cant find a solution. Maybe somebody here have a similar issue?

Thank you! Bytes! ;)

P.D: I'm sorry if my english is not perfect. As alway say, I speak spanish :P
Facu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it happened to nobody? :? I think I will need wait to developers of XEN. They are working to solve the problem with UEFI + Grub2 :P.

Thank all you!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: