View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjorn.augestad
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: X fails to start with fglrx 13.30 on an AMD A10-7850K Reply with quote

I'm having a few problems getting X to work on my new APU-based computer. The exact error message from startx is:

(WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@0:1:1) found
/usr/bin/X: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol: GlxInitVisuals2D

The first line is the audio device, the second is the one that troubles me. But first of all, some more information:
The CPU is one of AMD's new APU chips, an A10-7850K. The latest driver in portage for that chip is ati-drivers-14.1_beta.
Unfortunately, that driver does not support the A10 chip. AMD says that one must use the 13.30 version of their
driver, a version which isn't available in portage.

Anyway, I downloaded the driver from AMD, and tried to build it with gentoo-sources-3.13.5. But the driver's source does not
build with kernel 3.13.5 due to new data structure layouts in the acpi module. Therefore I cloned the kernel's git repo and now run
a kernel based on git commit b54629e226d196e802abdd30c5e34f2a47cddcf2. The AMD driver builds with that kernel version. Yay...

I recompiled xorg-server and x11-drivers/* and selected ati as opengl provider. Still I get the error mentioned above. Also, emerging xorg-server
complains:
!!! Error: The ati OpenGL implementation doesn't seem to provide
!!! Error: libGL.so file. This might be an effect of breakage introduced
!!! Error: by a prioprietary driver installer. Please re-merge the package
!!! Error: providing your OpenGL implementation.
!!! Error: Selected OpenGL implementation incomplete.

What can I do to get this shiny A10 running properly?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: