bfgminer opencl suddenly broke down
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szatox
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: bfgminer opencl suddenly broke down Reply with quote

I've been running bfgminer on my radeon recently, and tonight, mining stopped(sic!) and it doesn't see my radeon anymore.
I have updated world like 2 days ago, but there were no issues directly after that.
Now, since there is new gentoo kernel in portage, I've updated that and fglrx as well, unfortunately neither that nor downgrading bfgminer by one step helped.

GPU and fglrx both work, glxgears shows same framerates it used to, glxinfo shows correct renderer string, lsmod shows fglrx and no radeon.

emerge -pv bfgminer
[ebuild R ~] net-misc/bfgminer-3.8.1 USE="cpumining libusb ncurses opencl udev unicode -adl -avalon -bfsb -bifury -bigpic -bitforce -bitfury -examples -hardened -hashbuster -hashbuster2 -icarus -klondike -littlefury -lm_sensors -metabank -modminer -nanofury -proxy -proxy_getwork -proxy_stratum -scrypt -twinfury -x6500 -ztex"

Any ideas what could go wrong?

Oh, I used to suspend my box, with bfgminer running, and it used to recover just fine. This particular night it wasn't suspended though, and bfgminer just stopped running somewhere around morning.

edit: nvm, adding "--scan auto" finaly solved it. Still no idea why it broke while mining rather than go on till restart and then refuse to work....
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: