View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxcub
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: qt 3.0.5 styles Reply with quote

I've upgraded qt this morning to 3.0.5, and after I've done that all the styles that were new to 3.0.4 (rather I guess 3.x, e.g., dotnet, light, etc.) have disappeared. Trolltech's website (the changelog) says that 3.0.5 handles plugins differently and they all need to be recompiled with 3.0.5 for them to work. I'm guessing styles have disappeared because of that (the actual libraries (dotnet.la, dotnet.so, etc.) are at the proper location, but I'm guessing they are from the old version). First of all, can anyone confirm this behavior, or is it just me and I've screwed something up. And if it's not just me then can anybody give any advice on how to fix it. I'm especially interested in dotNet style, so if anybody can point me to its source code and installation instructions, I would appreciate it.

Dmitriy
nbensa
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must recompile kdelibs.

But first, take my advice, go back to Qt 3.0.4 if you plan to use KDE.
foxcub
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response.

But first, take my advice, go back to Qt 3.0.4 if you plan to use KDE.

I will probably take your advice, though, I'd like to know if there is any particular reason why it should be done? What's wrong with Qt 3.0.5? Oh, and is there a simple way (like emerge ...) to do it (go back to 3.0.4)?

Also, out of pure curiosity - why kdelibs? Shouldn't this be a purely Qt issue - since even qtconfig doesn't see the new styles?
mksoft
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

foxcub wrote:
I will probably take your advice, though, I'd like to know if there is any particular reason why it should be done? What's wrong with Qt 3.0.5? Oh, and is there a simple way (like emerge ...) to do it (go back to 3.0.4)?

Depends on which version of kde you're running. 3.0.2 was not designed and tested with qt-3.0.5. I'm running 3.1alpha1 with qt-3.0.5 without problems.

foxcub wrote:
Also, out of pure curiosity - why kdelibs? Shouldn't this be a purely Qt issue - since even qtconfig doesn't see the new styles?

The styles you mention do not come with qt, the come with kde from kdelibs. IIRC .Net style is an exception, it doesn't come from kdelibs (which contains basic set of styles) but from kdeartwork.
meyerm
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem. I emerge qt-3.0.5 and kde-3.0.2 during an update and my styles disappeared. Not sooo dramatic, but since nbensa adviced not using this combination I reemerge qt-3.0.4 and cleaned qt-3.0.5.

But after this, kdm was no longer able to start. Now I just wanted to try an unemerge and emerge of kde (to recompile the kdelibs etc). But whenever I unemerge kde it is finished in a second and says everything is fine (of course it isn't, kde is still present). And when I then try to emerge kde (even after deleting /var/tmp/portage/kde* and /usr/portage/distfiles/*) it just begins normal. But instead of downloading, unpacking, compiling and installing the packages it just tells me it's doing it! No wget, tar, gcc or install output.

That's not funny. ;) - Does anybody have a clue? Thanks
meyerm
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm completly confused. I just unmerged and emerged kde several time and now it starts... (it seems to be slower, but that needn't to be true).

Well, but that doesn't change anything about KDE not beeing able to be reemerged... :?

So, my question keeps on going... :)
nbensa
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meyerm wrote:
I reemerge qt-3.0.4 and cleaned qt-3.0.5.

Hmmm... First unmerge 3.0.5 and *after* that emerge 3.0.4. That's what I did and everything is working fine.

About Qt 3.0.5 and KDE 3.0.2:
* At least kdepim doesn't compile with Qt 3.0.5.
* Kicker behaves erratically (even after recompiling with new Qt)

BTW, take care of "emerge -u world" ;)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: