Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
is it possible to use sysrescuecd to set up wireless ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xsilentmurmurx
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: is it possible to use sysrescuecd to set up wireless ? Reply with quote

Hello all

I have a question regarding setting up wireless on Gentoo. I know its easy to install Gentoo using Sysrescuecd, but I was wondering, after I install sysrescuecd, is it possible to boot into it again, chroot into my installed system, and set up wireless networking ? Or do I have to boot into the installed system from the beginning and not even boot into sysrescuecd at all to set up wireless? In other words, if i boot with out sysrescuecd, do i HAVE to be using a wired network to set up my wireless or can I instead boot into sysrescuecd, chroot into my installed system and set up wireless like that, so afterwards when i reboot the computer and I boot into my installed system, wireless will be working properly?

Thanks for all of the help!!
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use SysRescueCd to boot, chroot and install whatever you need to finish your installation. I usually forget to install nfs-utils, which means my fresh install cannot access portage on NFS, so I have to reboot from USB, do all the chroot magic, install nfs-utils in order to continue with installation and setup.
Same goes for you, if you forgot to install wireless support (wpa_supplicant, firmware, etc) just reboot from USB and do it.
xsilentmurmurx
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
You can use SysRescueCd to boot, chroot and install whatever you need to finish your installation. I usually forget to install nfs-utils, which means my fresh install cannot access portage on NFS, so I have to reboot from USB, do all the chroot magic, install nfs-utils in order to continue with installation and setup.
Same goes for you, if you forgot to install wireless support (wpa_supplicant, firmware, etc) just reboot from USB and do it.

awesome!! thanks man!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: