How to work around a error in an overlay eclass file? SOLVED
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Allan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: How to work around a error in an overlay eclass file? SOLVED Reply with quote

I thought I could just correct the error by editing the eclass file, but it seems I'm being defeated by a cache somewhere.

The devmanual suggests that I might need to "manually touch all relevant overlay files after updating overlay eclasses". I tried doing that, touching just about every file in the overlay and it did have visible effects on portage ("regenerating" or something like that), but still my edits were ignored. https://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/overlay/index.html

The error is in a file named 'mysql-multilib-r1.eclass'. There appear to be two copies of this file on my system (I tried editing both, of course). One is located in the gentoo repository under '/usr/portage/eclass', and the other in my overlay repository. Here's the original source for the overlay copy: http://data.gpo.zugaina.org/mysql/eclass/mysql-multilib-r1.eclass

I get the error when I run 'emerge --config =dev-db/mysql-5.7.12' in order to finish installing MySQL. It fails with a complaint about "Too many arguments". I think the problem is the single quotes on this line of 'mysql-multilib-r1.eclass':

Code:
initialize_options="--initialize-insecure  '--init-file=${sqltmp}'"

How can I edit this eclass file (e.g. removing those pesky quotes, or what not) so that my edits actually take effect?

----------

PS: I just cross-posted to unix.stackexchange.com with further details such as how exactly it fails, and what I've tried in the way of fixes.

PPS: I posted my answer there (markdown syntax is easier for me).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: