Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Another systemd thread gone bad, split from the Report topic
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Another systemd thread gone bad, split from the Report topic Reply with quote

[edit] deleted by me
Obviously it is to not allowed to show someones lies by cross-quoting .....
_________________
fun2gen2


Last edited by ulenrich on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomWij
Developer
Developer


Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Posts: 1551

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: _______0
Topic: Why has portage become so slow
Post: post 7430372
Reason: Off-topic pre-judgemental senseless personal bashing, doesn't add any value at all to the discussion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tom, if you would have looked at my me myself reporting - it is all about this users post.
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: ulenrich
Topic: Need help building a non-systemd modern system
Post: post 7431154
Reason: Troll

He's injecting political discussion in an "installing Gentoo" thread, and will not stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1clue wrote:
User: ulenrich
Topic: Need help building a non-systemd modern system
Post: post 7431154
Reason: Troll

He's injecting political discussion in an "installing Gentoo" thread, and will not stop.

Uuups, you yourself named your thread with political Redhat naming!
After you renamed I said to you my issue is solved.
"will not stop" definetly is not true!
You are about to deny me an answer to your renaming of your thread?
Seriously ???
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: 1clue
Topic: Separate /usr on Linux requires initramfs... I don't get it
Post: post 7431024
Reason: Just for the record who is
"injecting political discussion in an "installing Gentoo" thread"

... also the post directly following
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is naming Redhat political?

I was trying to name the sort of system I wanted to build, and you hop in there with your political crap. You have a more-than-adequate grasp of the English language, so I don't believe you missed the "Installing Gentoo" forum.

I haven't changed anything other than delete 2 words out of the thread title. The moderators can sort it all out.

You've broken netiquette more ways than I care to count in this thread.

The only positive thing you managed to do is point out that not all of Redhat is banned on this system, but you did so only to prove your point about systemd, which will not be on my computer until it works correctly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
User: 1clue
Topic: Separate /usr on Linux requires initramfs... I don't get it
Post: post 7431024
Reason: Just for the record who is
"injecting political discussion in an "installing Gentoo" thread"

... also the post directly following



So was this an "installing Gentoo" thread? No. It was already an active and political discussion on the merits of systemd, ind the "kernel and hardware" forum where it makes sense to have that sort of discussion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomWij
Developer
Developer


Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Posts: 1551

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: ulenrich
Topic: Separate /usr on Linux requires initramfs... I don't get it
Post: post 7431172
Reason: Off-topic pre-judgemental senseless personal bashing, that part of the post doesn't add any value at all to the discussion.

User: ulenrich
Topic: idea for portage, add pkgs changelog.
Post: post 7430604
Reason: Off-topic continuously pushing another user, outside of the original thread.

---

Come on guys, cool down; you are wasting your time on this. Consider how you will not reach what you are trying to get out of this with the effort you are putting into it...
And no, there is no need to respond; you are just making it worse for yourself when you do, stopping now can be what makes up the difference between a warning and a ban.


Last edited by TomWij on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1clue wrote:
How is naming Redhat political?
...
I haven't changed anything other than delete 2 words out of the thread title. The moderators can sort it all out.
...
The only positive thing you managed to do is point out that not all of Redhat is banned on this system, but you did so only to prove your point about systemd, which will not be on my computer until it works correctly.

To point this out "not all of Redhat is banned" I gave you the scriptlet to show up the ebuilds maintained upstream by Redhat. This was all I wanted.
I hate conspiration-theories, especially against Redhat using arguments better fitting Google.
This is my point. I never - beside citing your title - mentioned Systemd.
But you did six times.
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a conspiracy theory. This is ME deciding what to put on MY system. I thought that was what Gentoo was all about. Why else make a source-based distribution?

I'm not trying to force my views on anyone else. You are. I'm not trying to tell someone else what to put on their system. You are. Get off my thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1clue wrote:
I'm not trying to force my views on anyone else. You are. I'm not trying to tell someone else what to put on their system. You are.
I can force You installing my suggestions?
What suggestions, do you read my mind?
What is this - psycho?
Like your double-bind callings regarding Redhat in your thread?
I would like to have one clue about you :)
_________________
fun2gen2


Last edited by ulenrich on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
1clue wrote:
I'm not trying to force my views on anyone else. You are. I'm not trying to tell someone else what to put on their system. You are.
I can force You installing my suggestions?
What suggestions, do you read my mind?
What is this - psycho?
Like your double-bind callings regarding Redhat in your thread?


Are there any actual moderators on this thread? I'm trying to get advice on installing the way I want and this troll won't shut up about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1clue wrote:
Are there any actual moderators on this thread? I'm trying to get advice on installing the way I want and this troll won't shut up about it.

I promise to not intercept one of your thread any more any time
but you beg me for pardon.

What can I do more for you?
And could you stop calling me a troll?
I really and sincerely didn't want to troll against you with my posts in your thread.

I only wanted you
- to see some of upstream Redhat developed software useful
- change yout thread title
This both you did, and I answered my issue with your thread solved.
_________________
fun2gen2


Last edited by ulenrich on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
1clue wrote:
Are there any actual moderators on this thread? I'm trying to get advice on installing the way I want and this troll won't shut up about it.

I promise to not intercept one of your thread any more any time
but you beg me for pardon.

What can I do more for you?
And could you stop calling me a troll?
I really and sincerely didn't want to troll against you with my posts in your thread!


When you stop being one, I'll stop calling you one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Why should I beg your pardon? What exactly have I done other than respond to your trolling?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1clue wrote:
What exactly have I done other than respond to your trolling?

You responded regarding my two issues positively, then
You call me a troll, because I claimed these two issues solved?
Can't you accept yourself when changing opinion?

Beside your excitement afterwards reporting
I would call such a succession of a thread
commendable and constructive.
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kurly
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Posts: 172

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: ulenrich
Topic: Need help building a non-systemd modern system
Post: post 7431128
Reason: Trolling, off-topic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurly wrote:
User: ulenrich
Topic: Need help building a non-systemd modern system
Post: post 7431128
Reason: Trolling, off-topic

That time the thread was named:
Need help building a non-redhat non-systemd modern system
But 1Clue admited to like Lvm2
And then he changed his thread title to
Need help building a non-systemd modern system
finally answering me:
"That solved my issue with your this thread."
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
1clue wrote:
What exactly have I done other than respond to your trolling?

You responded regarding my two issues positively, then
You call me a troll, because I claimed these two issues solved?
Can't you accept yourself when changing opinion?

Beside your excitement afterwards reporting
I would call such a succession of a thread
commendable and constructive.


My opinion about what I want to install didn't change. I didn't know some of it was redhat, but you actually didn't change anything about the system I'm installing or what packages I intend to put on it.

You DID change my opinion about you though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
kurly wrote:
User: ulenrich
Topic: Need help building a non-systemd modern system
Post: post 7431128
Reason: Trolling, off-topic

That time the thread was named:
Need help building a non-redhat non-systemd modern system
But 1Clue admited to like Lvm2
And then he changed his thread title to
Need help building a non-systemd modern system
finally answering me:
"That solved my issue with your this thread."


This post makes me think you're a very YOUNG troll.

None of what you said in this post matters. It was an "installing Gentoo" thread which I explicitly said in the first post I did not want to be a political discussion. You injected politics. You in no way actually helped me decide what to install, all you did is inject your own personal noise into a support request.

Arguing he-said-she-said does absolutely nothing constructive. You posted with absolutely no intention of helping on a support thread, so you should never have posted to it. Game over. There is no way you can win this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your first post you explicitly said echoing your thread title:
1clue wrote:
what I really, really want to do is start over and make sure I have no code which redhat has trashed.

I was showing you the contradiction you like Lvm2.
And I mentioned I hate Redhat-conspiration-theory, because its arguments fit better against Google.
You admited on a logical basis and
reported me later on an emotional basis.

The "Macho" in the times of my youth had concluded now:
"There is no way" I "can win this." It is female logic.
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
In your first post you explicitly said echoing your thread title:
1clue wrote:
what I really, really want to do is start over and make sure I have no code which redhat has trashed.

I was showing you the contradiction you like Lvm2.
And I mentioned I hate Redhat-conspiration-theory, because its arguments fit better against Google.
You admited on a logical basis and
reported me later on an emotional basis.


What the heck are you talking about? I wanted no code that redhat has trashed. With respect to making it require systemd. Not all redhat software does that. There is no contradiction. It's not redhat hate. I have 3 systems running redhat or centos. There's no hate here, you're simply fixated on finding something inconsistent and being a pest about it.

I changed the title because it wasn't accurate. Because I didn't know that KVM and LVM2 were Redhat-sponsored.

I don't dislike Redhat at all. I dislike systemd. Which has absolutely nothing to do with you, and you're not going to change it. Systemd might be really good software in a few years, but I don't think it's ready and I won't have it on the system I'm installing right now. It's fine in some other situation, not this one.

This is not a debate. I don't care in the least if you love systemd or not. I don't care if you love redhat or not. I choose what I want on my computers and you have no vote whatsoever.

Why don't you go find something better to do?

One thing that has not changed even slightly: You are a troll. What you're doing in this thread is trolling, by definition. What you were doing in my thread is trolling, by definition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, I was mislead by your "title because it wasn't accurate."
I didn't want to troll in your thread. Can't you see that?
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
...
The "Macho" in the times of my youth had concluded now:
"There is no way" I "can win this." It is female logic.


So now it's personal insults? Are there no moderators on this thread? How can this not be a breach of terms of use?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1clue
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Excuse me, I was mislead by your "title because it wasn't accurate."
I didn't want to troll in your thread. Can't you see that?


SO WHY ARE YOU STILL TROLLING???!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum